8/13/09

Chicken Scratch Chicken Salad

Tonight I was feeling really crafty, I had planned on working on a few projects but very last minute some great friends decided to come over. I was PUMPED, but then I remembered I had nothing to make for dinner..... A little thinking, a quick dash to Walmart, and $19.88 dollars later... I had my very own SCRATCH chicken salad recipe. It turned out to be pure DELICIOUSNESS

Here's what you need :
2 1/2 cups pulled apart Chicken from a Rotisserie Chicken
1 cup chopped celery
1&1/3 cup sliced, seedless green grapes
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoons fresh parsley flakes
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon sugar
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 grated Apple
Croissant or Butter roll [I used Butter Dollar Roll]


In a medium bowl, whisk to soft peaks.

Combine meat, celery, grapes, almonds, apple, parsley, salt, and mayonnaise
with whipped cream & mix very well

Then, I let it chill for about 30 minutes before guests arrived :


I wish I had a cute little picture of the Chicken salad on the cute little Butter Dollar Rolls, unfortunately... they were just so good, they were literally all eaten up before I had time to even think about it. I didn't have but just a single bite left when my guests left. This recipe was a HUGE success!






p.s I submitted this post in Cheri's Knock Off Knock Out party. Check it out!

7 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

is this mom's recipe? it looks super yummy!

Katie Kubler said...

no its actually my own recipe that I made up! SOO GOOD!

Cheri Peoples said...

This looks so yummy. Can you do me a favor and just add a link back to my post so others can find it.
Cheri

Cheri Peoples said...

I still don't see a link back to my post about the KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT party going on. That needs to be added to your post. A comment like I am posting this to Cheri's Knock Off Knock Out party, add my posts URL or my Knock Off button.

Thanks
Cheri

katillacshack.com said...

Hi Katie!!!

You are adorable and I love your recipe!

Stop-by..would love to meet you!

love, kelee

Lizzy said...

I can testify!! This chicken salad was very delicious! :)

Rambling Girl said...

Coming over from Kimba's page and have been checking things out...I am so goning to try this...love me chicken salad...

Question though in the directions...it says whisk till soft peaks...you are talking about the whipping cream...ok don't think I am dumb but you said in the next line to add the other ingredients which inidicates the whipping cream...so really you whisk that first and then add all the other stuff...sorry if I sound crazy for asking...

Anyway I am trying this out this weekend...
Come visit me sometimes...
Beth