8/15/09

TRASH TO TREASURES 4

Today's Yard Sales equal one word : DUDS!!! There was nothing out today, hardly any yard sales, and when there was BIG ones....they STUNK! Boo that! Guess I couldn't have two great yard sale days back to back.

I did manage to find a couple things. I found this tray that I'm going to chalkboard. $2.


On the way home, I had given up all hope on yard sale finds for the day. Then I saw one last pink sign.... I fought with myself whether to turn or not... then I did it! &&& I'm so glad I did... I found these gems all for $1.
I used them for this :
I had alot of space above my [UGLY] apartment cabinets. I'm not sure if I like this or not but for now it will do. These are all my goodwill plates collection.

I'm also working on a couple of projects & being really clean about it... can't you tell?

I promise to post them soon;)

9 comments:

Mandi @ Finding Home said...

The paint on your legs totally makes me laugh. I'm one of the world's messiest painters. Can't wait to see your projects!

Elizabeth said...

HI! I'm visiting from Southern Hospitality. I have the same ugly apartment cabinets...yuck! I might steal your idea to display plates above them :)

Wendy said...

Cant wait to see the tray transformed!

Cheri Peoples said...

Can't wait to see what you do.

Come for a visit.
Its So Very Cheri

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Apartment cabinets are the worst! Looks like the tray project is coming alone nicely. Hope you can get all the paint off your legs! Love your plate cabinet!

Tina

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

Projects are so much fun, can't wait to see what you're working on! Maybe you could share it for Transformation Thursday.... just a suggestion ;)

beachy keen girl said...

I love anything made into a chalkboard. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

susan said...

Congratulations on your marriage and your great idea to do a blog! Our daughter celebrated her TWO MONTH anniversary last week! I think people who read my blog probably are glad the wedding is over :)Now we are busy turning the batchelor pad into a nest for two! I'll be back to visit--p.s. I paint like you do---messy!

Alicia said...

I found a couple of plate/frame holders this weekend, 50cents each. Aren't yard sales great. I love the plates above your cabinet. I wish I had room above my cabinets, but they are flush with the roof :-(
Please stop by and say hello!