8/3/09

TRASH TO TREASURES 2 [@ THE IN-LAWS]

So Sunday Josh and I had a day full of  FAMILY! Loved every minuted of it. Sunday morning was my nephew's baby dedication. He rocked the show:) Then we went down to Josh's moms to sift through years & years of Josh's belongings. I found some awesome stuff that I'm going to use. [& even more amazing treasures in her basement... gotta wait on a house though:( ] 

Here's some of his old Trash that I'm turning into our new Treasures : 

Literally a "Piggy" Bank. It was his dads & now it's my yard-sale coin collector... I bet its never been so useful!

This was Josh's. His mom said he used to carry it around EVERYWHERE. I'm thinking with a gentle wash & a new ribbon it will be good as new. Hopefully, it will belong to a young kuby some day:)

This was Josh's dads. The plaque says Homestead Farms, which is Josh's dads nursery. Its ancient and I LOVE it. 

Josh's Granddad's. I love old trinkets, especially this guy!


Josh's granddad's baseball helmet. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it. There's always the option of saving it for one of our boys... but then again I want to get creative with it. We'll see... Suggestions??


Okay, So this isn't from his mom's but I DO LOVE IT! This was my Goodwill find of the day. I've seen so many blogs turn these things into ADORABLE decor. Most of the time you see a little bird or plant put inside... I'm trying to come up with something a little different..hmm Suggestions?

So this week I'm going to be trying LOTS of new recipes. I'll let you know how they turn out! 



4 comments:

Josh said...

Darling...that is an old football helmet from the '40's. Not baseball. Good effort though. Love, your husband.

Jane said...

I have an idea for that cheese plate. I passed by three of those at garage sales only to have an idea pop in my head a week later. Now I am on the hunt for one. I want to paint the base and glue it to a candle stick (also painted) and use it as a mini covered cake stand. Maybe put a decorative cupcake inside for everyday and fill it with real treats for parties.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

How fun that you found such treasures.

randee said...

what great family finds. loved josh's comment. how gently he corrected you. the baseball, i mean, football helmet would make a great lamp?