10/7/09

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE BEST CHICKEN EVER

So a few weeks ago I tried a new recipe. Let's just say, if you couldn't tell by the title, that it was ROCKIN! I actually thought the entire time I was making it that it wasn't going to turn out very good... well I was wrong, & I'm so glad I was! SO here it is : ANNIVERSARY CHICKEN

Here's what you need :

- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits [I used about 6-7 pieces of real bacon]
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

Here's how you make it :
Pre-heat over to 350

First, I cooked the bacon & set it aside

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.

Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce.
Then, spoon on Ranch salad dressing.

Sprinkle with cheese

Then sprinkle bacon [if you are using green onions, sprinkle now, we don't like them]

Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and SERVE IT UP!

Its SUPER EASY, and I'm telling you it ROCKS!! It reminds me of Outback's Alice Spring Chicken. Here are some things I'm going to change up next time:

- ADD mushrooms...mmm mushrooms always make things better
- try Honey Mustard instead of Ranch... I'm thinking that may make it more like Outbacks, we'll see...

Let me know if you try it! MMM...now I'm craving it!

14 comments:

Ben and Audrey said...

i'm definitely going to try this asap. i know ben will love it. let me know how it turns out with honey mustard dressing!

thanks for the recipe. love you!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

sounds super yummy!!!!

Jenn said...

That sounds REALLY good! I'm going to have to try it!

Mama Byrd said...

print print print...omg that looks delish! Making it tonight

Ashlee said...

This does sound Very Good! Thanks for sharing!!

Jane said...

Yummmy! I love Alice Springs Chicken! I don't have ranch dressing on hand, but I do have honey mustard. Gonna have to try this on Sat.!

Delightful Dwelling said...

Oh yum, this looks awesome. I will have to try this one, I'm always looking for chicken recipes.

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

Well I just had to be a new follower after that wonderful recipe that I will try for sure, it just looks sooooo gooood, come visit

Tricia Anne said...

If I did not already have dinner started (in the crock pot) I would want to cook this tonight! :o)
I need to copy this recipe for our family. Thanks so much for posting it.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

nannykim at spindle cottage said...

I am vegan ;-) ....for my cholesterol needs!

Julie said...

Looks so yummy! wonder if this would work with potatoes?

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Thanks for the delish sounding recipe!!

Thrifty Chic said...

This was wonderful my hubby loved it!

Autum said...

Sounds yummy. I may try this tonight. Anything with ranch dressing and cheese can't be bad : )