12/26/09

CHRISTMAS FESTIVITIES PART 3: ANGEL TREE TOPPER

In my parents very first year of marriage, 1981, they made their very own tree topper. It was this adorable little needle point canvas Angel. Every year since then, it had proudly sat atop their tree. Our house burnt down a few years back and we lost her. It was so sad. Several weeks ago she was brought up in a conversation, We "ebayed" to see if we could find her online. Well two clicks later, I found her. I ordered one for my mom, and one for me. This is what arrived a few weeks later :



It took me a good week and a half to complete her.


I'm so happy with how she turned out:


You can put either a star or a wreath in her hands:



Here she is:



She proudly sits on our tree now. Im in love with her. I finished just in time on Christmas Eve!



4 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is so sweet. Memories are so precious. I am so glad you were able to find it and now you have one to.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas
Cheri

Rachelle said...

That's a really cute idea. And, great of you to find one for your Mom!

Rachelle

Kara said...

Whoa, THAT is cute. Awesome, awesome job!!!

Mrs. A said...

that angel is so sweet and you'll always have that memory!!