12/13/09

DON'T BREAK MY [[[ARTICHOKE]]] HEART


So I know you are just astonished at my catchy title right? You're jealous of my creativity skills.. its okay, just repent. :)


So the Hubby and I LOVE Artichoke hearts. Any form or fashion, we Love them in our bellys! The first time I ever had just a straight up Artichoke was a couple of months ago at Momma K's house! I thought they were crazy at first, but it was love at first bite [jealous again right?]

Tonight I made them for the Hubby and I as an appetizer! They are so easy and DELISH! Incase you've never had one, Here's how to cook them! You have to try it, like now!

Cut the ends off of each Artichoke [just the root stem : bottom should be flat, don't cut to far, you don't wanna cut the heart!]

Then cut an inch off the top, so the tops are flat also!

Next, place Artichokes in a pot. Fill with water until water is 1/3 up the Artichoke

Bring water to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, put lid on & cook for 40 minutes :

This is how they should look when cooked :

My Husband loves to eat his with Miracle Whip [don't worry I'm gagging with you]

I love mine with garlic butter : YUMMMM

Here's how to eat it :

Peel back a layer :

The very bottom tip is what you actually eat :

Dip in your sauce, then scrape your teeth along the bottom :
Oh my tummy is dancing at the thought of eating them! SO DELISH!

Now the best part : How to eat the Heart :

Once you peel back most layers, there won't be much left on the bottoms to scrape. So, pull the rest of them off :

This is what should be left :

Then take a knife and cut off the top layer : Scoping it out really
Once removed, scrape off all the heart hair :


This is what should remain :

Cut into pieces and ENJOY!!!

They are seriously the best appetizer! So yummy but not too filling! There are artichoke sauces out there but I haven't discovered any worth trying. Let me know if you have one!!

6 comments:

just the two of us! said...

these are delish! one of my favorite appetizers!

Jane said...

Thank you for this step by step tutorial! I got artichokes once through the Vegetable of the Month program at my school. I brought them home to practice cooking them before I made them with my students. I had no idea what to do. I know I didn't cook them long enough. We had no idea how to eat them. We were so confused! They turned out disgusting. I never did make them with the kids. Next time I will be better prepared.

Lizzy said...

I'll admit it! I'm jealous of your mad creative skills!

...which is why I need an uber amount of help with wedding planning, k?

If only I were ever home... I miss you katie kubler!

Kara said...

I cannot even tell you how overjoyed I was reading this post...artichokes are my favorite food ever, have been my whole life, and will be til the end of time. And the best part: YOU EAT THEM THE RIGHT WAY! Hahaha yaaaaaaay!!!

Stephanie said...

I love artichokes but never knew how to cook them. I'm going to try this for sure. Like, tonight. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just found the website who reviews about
Several
home business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home business opportunity