1/31/10

I TALK LIKE A NERD. {health update}

Today was my 2nd worse day since Thursday. I woke up around 4 having minor cramps. My sweet Hubby curled up next me reassuring it would soon pass.

My Kidneys decided to do just opposite. Around 5 I was under incredible pain. My husband forced me to drink water and take my pain meds & then shoved down crackers. Sorry hun for the million crumbs on your side;)

Then out of no where, I had an allergic reaction. I had taken the pain meds before but I think with the mixture of all 3 of the other meds I was on... something went wrong.

I seriously sounded like a nerd. Plug you nose and talk and that was me. My husband and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous I sounded. Well of course then I had to take some Benadryl to help the swelling go down.

We couldn't fall back to sleep & this sunday was our last sunday serving as interim at Journey. I went with Josh and felt like I was in Loopy Land the entire time. Haha. After church we went to see my nephew and newborn niece. This just made my day & for thirty minutes I felt wonderful! Josh and I then came home, I was feeling ridiculously nauseous so I went to sleep. & slept. & slept. & slept. For a good 4-5 hours. It was wonderful.

My husband is now cooking me some yummy dinner & I'm so thankful for him. He has been wonderful this entire time and so compassionate:) Thank you babe for being so great and taking care of me!

God has been so gracious to me during this! I praise him through the pain & wellness. I am so incredibly thankful that is just kidney stones and nothing more serious. I feel very guilty when I complain of pain, knowing that hundreds of people in Haiti & around the world are in more pain than I. I feel very blessed that the Lord has taken care of me. I just wanted to post this so I didn't have to text several people the same thing.

Things to Pray for:

* My husband. I know he is very ready for me to be well. He is so sweet.
* The kidney stones would pass quickly or just be demolished by the Lord.
* Relief from pain so I can get back to work & school with full focus.
* The Lord would receive all Glory in healing!
* That these darn little stones would NEVER return. ever. We are not friends!


Thank you all so much! I am so grateful for your prayers and feel very blessed that so many are praying for me. I do not deserve it.


2 comments:

Paige Tillman said...

Brian has struggled with stones too. I know they have to be so painful. I will say a prayer for you, and I hope you will be much better really soon.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Bless your heart. My Dad had several. It seemed like every year he would get them. It started when I was in 6th or 7th grade and when I was a Sr he was having surgery for something else and they discovered a mass the size of a softball--non cancerous,by his kidneys, removed it and has never had another kidney stone attack since.

Cheri