2/14/10

VALENTINE'S DATE & NEW RECIPE

Valentine's has come and gone but it came with a success. This weekend was awesome. I had three date nights in a row! WHOOP. Tonight was the finale date night!

My parent's anniversary is on Valentine's. They got married 29 years ago today and are still madly in love. Such a great witness to what a Godly marriage is! Well, every single year since I can remember my parents celebrated by having a Shrimp dinner on Vday night. It was always such a huge deal when were little. So this year, I had to keep the tradition going.

I boiled and grilled them. The grilled was AMAZING! Here's the recipe, trust me, you're going to want to try it:

What you will need:

-1 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
-1 lemon, juiced
-2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tablespoon tomato paste
-2 teaspoons dried oregano
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-2 pounds large shrimp, peeled & deveined (tails attached optional)

How you will make it:

In a mixing boil, mix everything but the shrimp. Reserve a small amount to baste with later. Pour remaining into a plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.


If you have skewers, use them to grill. If not, don't stress, I didn't and it was totally manageable.

We aren't allowed to have a grill in our apartments, so we use our George Forman & it works great. Set it to 350 & cook shrimp for 6-7 minutes. After three minutes, baste the set aside sauce over all shrimp. Once cooked, ENJOY!



We also boiled some shrimp, which was also fabulous thanks to Louisiana Shrimp Boil seasoning. Here's are final meal, mmmmhmm it was DE-DE-DELISH!!



Of course the Hubs & I celebrated with a few gift giving. We don't go over the top for Valentine's mainly because we don't have the money. I wish we could. I have a corny cheesy mushy heart deep down.

A key to a girls heart is always chocolate, right? My gift from the Mister:

For my Mister I had to get creative:

I thought it was a sweet idea. I threw in about 8 coupons. Some were a little more lovey and some just fun! Needless to say, he loved it!:) yay!

I hope you all had a great Vday:) Be sure to read the last several posts I've made. I need your help on a few things! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Jane said...

Love the idea of an anniversary food. So nice to have small traditions. DH has a traditional birthday cake- Upside Down Pineapple. That was my father's traditional cake too.

Glad you two had such a sweet weekend!