10/7/10

MY 60 DAY WORKOUT VICTORY!

I have never been one to stick to a new years resolution or set a long term goal and really achieve it. Sure, I graduated high school and Im almost done with my senior year of college. But I'm talking about personal health goals like eating healthy or working out... until now! For the past 60 "CONSECUTIVE STRAIGHT, I HAVEN'T MISSED A SINGLE DAY" days I have done the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Today marks 60!!
Oh yeah, I completed the 30 days & just kept going! It may be a little shallow or dumb or silly or whatever you wanna call it... but i'm so proud of this accomplishment. I can not believe I never missed a single day. You just have to know me I guess, this is huge for me. I have to admit. There were days I almost said forget it but then Jillian Michaels would pop in my brain and make me do the workout.. she can be a workout nazi! I wont reveal my results via picture online bc of creepers but lets just say I've lost a few pounds and lots and lots of inches. I never really started it to lose weight. I just wanted to be healthier and more in shape. My body now craves working out and I usually wake up 30 mins early every morning to do it! I haven't felt this in shape sense freshman year of high school! I am definitely eating healthier since when I started but I mainly workout to be able to be in shape and eat whatever I want. I know that's kinda contradiction, I'm working on the eating healthier part. I just look at it more as portions. Most meals are fine if the portions & calories are regulated. I use the app myfitnesspal (also free online) to set daily calorie goals & watch what I eat. That really helped me lose the inches. I promise you people, if I can do this... YOU CAN TOO! I hope this encourages some of you! I really didn't post this to brag. Im just letting you know if you set a goal for a better healthy you.. you can do it! Laziness is the only hold back! I really started to think about it like this: our bodies are a vessel for the Lord. We are called to keep it pure and healthy. I honor the Lord when I keep my body healthy. How cool is that? I'd love to start some kind of accountability network here on my blog. Motivation can be a hard thing to find. I think it would really help if we started holding each other accountable publicly. Hmm.. what do you guys think?? Whose with me? We could post at the end of the week how many days we were able to workout, what healthy meals we found, best at home workout dvds? Maybe I'm alone in this or maybe not! Comment and let me know!

8 comments:

Jenny G said...

I soooo need an accountability partner. Life is so busy that I never stick to my goals of working out (or eating better)!

Jenn said...

Awesome job girl! I need some motivation and some accountablity myself! I'd be all about posting my results weekly, especially if I wasn't doing it alone!

Rita said...

I think it would be a great idea. of course I say that now but I'd really like to try.

Mandy said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog through a friend's blog, and I think you're so great at it! I only have two posts in mine so far, but the first one is about the 30 day shred, and the second one is how I couldn't stick to it :( An accountability partner is exactly what I need! I think it's a great idea. Keep up the good work!

www.decembergrace2.blogspot.com

The Nashville Nosher said...

WOW! that is amazing! I do the shred here and there but I'm not sure I could stick to 60 days in a row....you should be soo proud!

Allyse Anderson said...

Way to go Kate! So proud of you!! You know I have started and I have definitely missed multiple days so accountability does sound amazing. I think that's a great idea!

Brooke said...

That is a HUGE accomplishment! Good job!!

Andrea said...

Way to go Katie! What an accomplishment!
I have also started working out more-I enjoy Zumba classes at my gym but I am looking for an at-home video to do. This sounds great- I will keep you updated on my progress! ; )

ABFurman.blogspot.com