10/9/10

SCRUMPTOUS CALAZONES

I made these DELISH Calazones the weeks ago from Pioneer Woman:
Ignore my fuzzy pics, I only had my phone

Here's what you will need:

(warning, these are NOT healthy.. I know I'm on this health kick but come on I'm human & these are so yummy. I only ate one per serving and I included veges so.. boom!)

Calzone Filling:

1/2 lb breakfast sausage

1 lb ground beef

1/2 diced onion
8 oz can of Rotel
8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese

1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 egg, beaten S
alt and Pepper


Calazone Crust:
I used pillsbury pizza crust but Pioneer Woman has her own homemade crust.


Here's what you need to do to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 450 In a large skillet brown ground beef, sausage and onion over medium heat. Drain excess grease
2. Add Rotel and cook for 2 mins. remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Have Husband sit close by for support, but not physical help...... hehe I love you josh!


3. Combine ricotta, mozzarella, monterey jack, and egg in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Combine cheese mixture with meat mixture.

5. Divide dough into 8 equal balls. Roll into 6 inch circles.

6. Place one-eighth of the mixture in the middle of each circle.

7. Fold one half of the circle over and pinch the edges to seal. Brush with olive oil.

8. Bake for 12 to 15 mins Serve with salad & Garlic toast or...whatever your heart desires:


The calazone shape making took me one or two tries to perfect... haha this was one of my first tries:

These were delish! I even froze the leftovers & they still rocked weeks later!!! Next time I'll add in some cheddar cheese & a punch of Tabasco!

No comments: