1/4/11

200 CALORIE SCRUMPTIOUS DINNER!

It has been a while since I've done a recipe post. I've cooked tons of yummy new things with the best intentions to post them... but life happened. However, tonight I am ceasing your anxiousness and posting a new recipe!!

I got the Biggest Loser Cookbooks for Christmas! If you are trying to eat healthier or lose weight... I HIGHLY suggest you get these books! They are loaded seriously LOADED with recipes. They are also super easy! I'm super excited to try out the recipes and tonight I cooked my first: Portobello Surprise Wrap. It was DELISH! I'm going to try and post all the recipes I cook out of it for those of you who don't have the book. But for real though, go buy it NOW! The best thing I love about it is that its not all walnuts and fruit. There are recipes for all kinds of desserts, hamburgers, steaks, pork tenderloin, but they all have simple no taste sacrificing healthier ingredients.

Portobello Surprise Wrap
Serves 1
Per Serving: 183 Calories

Ingredients:
1 large Portobello Mushroom Cap
1 Wedge Laughing Cow Cheese Light Garlic & Herb (I used French Onion)
Salt, to taste,
Black Pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup yellow onion, cut into strips
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Whole Wheat flour low carb tortilla

I forgot to take pictures. Well actually, I didn't think they were going to be good enough to post to be honest... but they were incredible!

1. Place the mushroom cap, stemmed side down on a cutting board
2. Cut the cap in half. Remove the top disk and spread the cheese over the bottom disk.
3. Place the top half back on the bottom half.
4. Coat the cap in olive oil spray (try to put olive oil in a spray bottle instead of using Pam, if you can't... just use Pam). Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste.
5. Flip mushroom over (stemmed side up) and pour Worcestershire into the gills.
6. Mist nonstick skillet with Olive Oil Spray. Set on Medium heat.
7. Add onion. Cook for two minutes (stir occasionally). Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar over. Cook 3-4 more minutes.
8. Transfer onion to a plate and cover .
9. Place Mushroom stemmed side down. Cook for for 3 minutes, Pressing gently with a Spatula.
10. Flip mushroom and cook for 3 more minutes or until tender.
11. Place tortilla on skillet and cook 30 seconds on each side

Place the mushroom on one side of the tortilla (may have to cut the mushroom in half). Top with onion. Fold the bare end of the tortilla up over the filling and roll like a burrito! Warning: they are messy!
Serve Immediately!

I thought they were yummy but I knew they were great when my husband and MIL improved!! We ate it with a side salad and some fruit for desert! It was just a little bit over 200 calories for the whole meal (depending on the dressing you use) and the best part? I was FULL & did not need to unbutton my pants! SCORE!

Hope you make these soon! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ramsey said...

That looks so good! Would love to try this!

Ben and Audrey said...

i wish i liked mushroom b/c i would eat this recipe up. ben likes it, so maybe i'll try it soon!

just the two of us! said...

yum! totally making this! i love mushrooms!