1/2/12

:::no resolutions for me...kinda:::

I've decided something this week. I'm not going to do resolutions. I've been pondering since Christmas what mine should be this year. What goals should I set for myself.. how should I change for this next year... what would I like to see happen. To be honest, I couldn't think of anything. So that's it. NO resolutions. 

My "NOT' Resolutions: 
1) Do I want to be healthier? Sure, but I already strive for that most of the time, besides what's life without a delicious bag of chips eaten in one sitting, right? 

2) Do I want to work out more? Sure, but again I strive to do that already and I don't want to feel guilty when it doesn't happen. I'd rather cuddle with my husband and walk on the treadmill.

3) Do I want to spend more time getting to know the Lord and improve on my walk with him? DUH! But, I should be doing that everyday. That should be a constant goal, not just one for the New Year.

So, I guess I do have one Resolution. It's to not have one for 2012. It's to make it through this entire year and look back on it as a year where I did not let myself down. 2011 was an incredible year for me. Josh and I were talking about it last night, and we both agreed it might be the best year of our lives so far. We grew so much. The Lord moved in our lives greatly, and we feel that we're are in the dead center of the Lord's will. I want to have this same exact feeling on January 1st, 2012.

Lord, prune me this year. Make me more like you. Help me to spend more time with my Husband. Help me to spend more time getting to know you. Help me to become more like you. Help me to be selfless and humble, quiet and gentle. Help me to see you each day of 2012, and tell others about you. Help me to be a light for Your Word and a witness for Your name. Break me of my pride. 

Help me to be patient and content in your timing.

Lord, thank you for a great year. For my family. For my friends. For the blessings I don't deserve.

2012... I'm ready for you.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I like your last thought there about not letting yourself down this year. I think that's what happens to me every year - I wrap things up and realize - hey, you don't accomplish what you set out to do!