2/19/12

We. are. pregnant:)

So when we found out, we were not sure how far along I was:
 Last Monday we had our first appointment. I am now 7.5 weeks. 8 weeks on Wednesday

How we found out: 
February 3rd we went to an adoption conference. Afterward, we went to dinner with our friends George and Joy Ross. George asked if I were pregnant and I said no. On the way home, I got to thinking about it. I had noticed a few small symptoms, but I had not paid attention to them. Saturday morning (the 4th) I took a test. It immediately came back positive. I was in complete shock that I went back to bed. When I woke up, I thought I dreamed it so I took another one. Yet again, it was positive. I sat on the edge of the tub staring in to the mirror for a good 20 minutes in disbelief. I was so happy, but so shocked. Josh and I thought it would be difficult for us to get pregnant due to my thyroid.... we were wrong! HA. 

I debated over how to tell Josh. Finn started crying to be let out, and that's is when it hit me to use him. I wrote a little note and stuck it to his collar. I then waited and waited and waited for Josh to wake up. Josh thought a linen sticky sheet was stuck on him. When he finally got it off, he read the note, smiled, and yelled whhhatttt, shut up!! haha. We are both so excited about this sweet baby due OCTOBER 3rd!!!
 Josh was awake but had not seen the note yet:)
 I ended up taking four tests. We were in such shock:)
 The morning we found out, we could not stop smiling!



The craziness of keeping the secret: 
The day we found out, we had friends over for dinner. My friend, Anna Brewer, was playing with my phone taking pictures. She then happened to see the picture of the pregnancy tests. The next morning over coffee, she spilled the beans and told me she saw it! I was so relieved! I had been dying to tell someone, and I was so glad she knew! She has been so sweet and encouraging. I am so thankful for such a sweet friend. 

When Josh and I went to the doctor, I just knew someone would be there I knew. Sure enough, in walks one of my dear friends, Anna Tyler King. Josh and I just looked at each other like are you kidding me???? I, of course, had to tell her. She was so excited. After the appointment, Josh and I decided to eat at commissary. As we are walking to the table we see our friends Evan and Kathe Logan. We completely lied to them about why we were in Germantown. Josh and I were just ready to get home before we ran into another person! HA! 

Sharing the news: 
I really wanted Josh to be the one to tell our family and friends. He is as much apart of this process as I am. For his family, we got together for dinner on Friday. At the end of the prayer, Josh thanked the Lord for the sweet baby due in October. They immediately started screaming and crying and hugging. It was so fun! My family got together last night. Josh wore the shirt below:
He unzipped his jacket during the prayer. It took everyone a minute to figure it out. My brother in law Ryan saw it first and flipped out. Then like dominoes my whole family started screaming, crying, and hugging! It was such a wonderful moment that I will always remember. 

We told our church family this morning at the end of the service. Some of our friends are having a baby on October 2nd, so Josh made a reference to them. He then announced that we were due the next day. I think it was a big shock for people, since Josh and I had not been talking about getting pregnant. It was so much fun to see all of their reactions. 

We are so excited about this sweet baby. I am completely ready for October 3rd to be here. I can't stop thinking about the baby and hoping it has red hair like Josh did:)

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 7.5 weeks


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained about 2-3 pounds.


Maternity Clothes:None and hopefully not for a while:)


Best Moment this week:  Telling everyone! This weekend has been the absolute best!!!!

Gender:No idea, hoping it's a boy:)
Movement: None
Food Craving: I have been incredibly sick. Food sounds disgusting all the time, but it's the only thing that helps me not feel nausea. Weird. 

Food Aversions: all veggies sound gross. which is weird because I usually love them!

What I miss:not being sick. morning sickness? more like all the time sickness
Sleep: I can't get enough of it!

What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender

Belly Button: In.
We are so thankful for all the excitement from our friends and family. Thank you Jesus for this baby! What a blessing!

and yes...... adoption is still in the front of our minds, too:)

No comments: