7/2/12

DIY anthropology letters

I want to live in Anthropology. Who doesn't? If you don't, you're weird because it is the most stupendous place of all. I've been seeing everyone do the knock off Anthro letters, so I wanted to give it a whirl. 

Say the word - easy.


You will need: 
Cardboard letters (at Joanns) 
Black paint
Metallic Silver Paint


 Apply one coat of black paint to each letter all over. Let it completely dry.

Then, add two coats of metallic silver to each letter all over.  I made sure to do extra light coats, because I wanted the black to still seep through. It gave it more depth.

&&&& DONE! 

Total Cost: 
$10
The letters and paint were on sale! Score!

3 comments:

Liz - Imageremix said...

Katie, I made some of these a couple of years ago and they are still something I enjoy in my kitchen. Mine say "cook". I wanted to spell "Homemade" but those huge letters ended up way too big to fit across the top of my cabinets. Ha! So I went with Cook instead. Yours turned out really well.

Chrissy + Nate said...

I made some that say "bath" for my guest bathroom. I have "eat" in my kitchen, but it is with wooden letters. Super cute!

Kathryn Pepper said...

These are way cute! I want to make some for my bathroom...but not ones that say "EAT." Haha! I'm featuring these tonight at the link party! Thanks for linking up!!

Kathryn
destinationcraft.blogspot.com