9/8/12

If you came over for coffee this week...

I would have told you about Monday. It was labor day, of course. And wonderful. Josh and I spent the day at home being lazy, and then we went over to my parents for good food, wii, and copperhead snake killing. I love family gatherings:) All of these photos were with my iphone.


 I would mention the new cookie cutter I got on Tuesday at Target in the $1 aisle. I can't wait to collect more for Kubler Kiddos. I used to love when my mom would make crazy shape sandwiches:)
 Josh and I also baby sat my little brothers Tuesday afternoon. We conquered homework and wii. Finn loves to watch us play.

I'd show you how to make baby leg warmers on Wednesday. I found a tutorial here. Granted, it took me way longer because I hand stitched them. BUT... they turned out adorable. I'm going to make a second pair! They cost me 2 bucks to make! Beats buying them for 8-10bucks!

I would not have had anyone over on Thursday. A dear friend of mine and old co-worker decided this life was just too much for on Thursday, and she chose to go be with the Lord. Hardest. Day. Of. My. Life. I have so many questions I wish she could answer, and so many things I wish I could have told her. I loved her dearly. Josh and I spent countless hours counseling and disciplining her over the past two years. Although we weren't as close now as we used to be, I still considered her one of my dearest friends. She had even text me on Monday inviting me to a concert at the end of the month. She seemed to everyone to be doing so well and happy. Unfortunately, Satan is the master deceiver, and she believed his lies. I will never understand why this had to happen. Why she was so hurting and why I couldn't do more. I do understand, however, that Jesus is good. That He already died on the cross for that sin she committed. That He took on that judgement for her. That He has a perfect and holy will. And that He is always in control, and nothing NOTHING takes him by surprise. I fully believe that she did know the Lord. I had the chance to witness and counsel with her many times and from those conversations, Josh and I believe she did know Him, and He had saved her. I'm thankful that the Lord works all things together for good and that ultimately He WILL be glorified through this tragedy. I'm so thankful that I can hold fast to that promise, and that I serve a good good God. He is so good, and He does good. I'm thankful that although Satan may have won that battle in her life, Jesus ultimately gets Victory. Amen. Please be praying for the Young Family and her the friends who she was very close too. I do not know how people go through events like this or hard times or even life without knowing the Lord. The Lord has truly used this to open my eyes to the hurting of people around me, and how I need to be a more compassionate person. I'm so thankful for Him and so humbled by His love and goodness. The emotions are weird, and I've never had to go through something like this before. Some moments are okay, some are bad. Still at the end of the day... Jesus is good. 

Friday, I had a Doctor's appointment. It was good to get out of the house and hear that sweet heartbeat. Just what I needed. Then later that day, a new friend of mine invited me to go get some Muddy's cupcakes. I was hesitant to go at first. To be honest, I didn't really feel like going and having any fun. Not when so many are hurting. However, Josh was gone at meetings and I felt like it would be better to do than just sit at home and weep. I'm so thankful I went. If you have ever had a Muddy's cupcake, you know that it can bring a little bit of happiness to any bad situation. Goodness, they are so good. Thanks Angelyn for the invite:) I had such a great time getting to know you better:) I really needed that little outing:)



Last night, I recieved more hard news about another friend of mine. I'm not going to go into those details, but it was just too much to handle. Josh and I went to bed early. Can I just say that I have hands down the most compassionate, loving, serving husband? 

Because, I do. Thanks babe. I love you.

All in all... A very hard week. All in all... Life is very short. All in All... Jesus is so good. Do you know Him?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So sorry to hear about your friend! That is so hard especially when you don't understand why. We will continue to pray. Excited about getting to meet Canaan!