9/29/12

If you came over for coffee this week...

You would probably have been very very bored. I haven't had a lot to do this week, but relax and get ready for C. 

Monday I started decorating my new shelves. I'm not totally pleased with how they look. I figure it will be an ongoing process of changing things around and adding new things. Husbands work gig got canceled so we ended up having an impromptu date night to Cracker Barrel. Mmmm those biscuits steal my heart every time.


Tuesday, a sweet friend from church came and cleaned my bathrooms to perfection. I'm not kidding they are spotless. It was such a blessing, and I can not express how thankful I am.  I also made homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch. It was divine! I froze half the batch for after C comes. That makes 5 meals in my freezer that Josh can heat up for after baby comes:)!!!
Italian Spaghetti Sauce Recipe:
-1 pound ground beef (I used 3 zucchini instead of ground beef simply bc it doesn't sound appealing during this pregnancy. It was good, but I might use meat next time)
-2 cups chopped onion
-1 cup chopped celery
-1/2 chopped green bell pepper
-1 teaspoon minced garlic
-2 tbl Worcestershire sauce
-1 large can of mushrooms sliced with the juice 
-2 tbl chili powder
-1 can tomato paste
-28oz petite tomatos
-2 tsp salt
-pepper to taste
-1 tsp sugar
-1 bay leaf
-1/2 tsp parsley
-1/2 basil

1. Brown the meat. 
2. add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic to meat. Cook for a little bit
3. add all other ingredients and let simmer for several hours. I put my in the crock pot at this point and let simmer on low for 3 hours and then put it on high for 1.5 more hours. You mainly just want to keep it on heat so all the flavors can mesh well. I did end up adding more sugar and basil.
4. you will use an entire box of angel hair pasta, or freeze the remainder of the sauce like I did;)

I didn't feel very good on Wednesday and spent most of the day on the couch. Nausea hit hard for some reason. I made dinner and then Josh and I went to our Wednesday night class at church. It was nice to get out of the house, but when we got home, I was so tired. I would have been pretty poor company that day. It was my 39 week mark, though! WHOOP! See my post here:)

Thursday, I tried everything I could think of to get this sweet baby to come. Nothing worked:( we went on a date night to Olive Garden (love Giftcards). Friday I had an appointment. Doctor said I'm still only 1cm, but I'm 70% effaced. I scheduled an induction for October 11th if he doesn't come on his own. I really think we will come before then. We went to eat with Josh's mom at Kyotos that night.

I'm spending my weekend shooting a bridal session and walking and walking and walking and lots of other things trying to convince this little guy to make an appearance. 

Come on C!




No comments: