Since C has yet to arrive, I decided to make enchiladas last night so I could freeze the left overs for after he is born. I've always been intimidated by enchiladas for some reason, but these were so easy and so so good! I've now got 7 meals in the freezer for after C is born! WHOOP:)
*1.5 pounds of ground beef or chicken. (about 4 chicken breasts)
*2 cans cream of chicken
*1 16 ounce sour cream
*2 cans whole green chilis (chopped or diced)
*1 chopped onion
*2 dozen tortillas (I bought two packs of 10)
1. Boil and shred chicken
2. Mix soups, sour cream, and chilies. (heat in microwave until a little warm)
3. Microwave tortillas for a few seconds. You just want them warm so they roll easily.
4. Spoon a little bit of soup mixture onto a tortilla. Top with chicken, onion, and cheese.
5. Wrap tightly and place in 9x13. Repeat step four until you run out of chicken. (I had to use a 9x13 and one smaller pan)
6. When done, pour the remainder of soup mixture (you should have a ton left over) on top of tortillas.
7. Take a knife and separate tortillas so mix gets inbetween them.
8. Sprinkle with cheese.
9. Bake at 350 for 30-45 mins. Cover with foil last 5 mins if cheese looks like it might be burning.
YUMMY! They were so delish and I had an entire 9x13 pan left over to freeze.