12/10/12

Gingerbread House Competition

I can't believe it's already time for the Annual Weaver Gingerbread House Competition. This is a  tradition we started several years ago. It's one of my absolute favorites! 

This year my sister, Audrey, and her husband chose the themes. They don't compete. My mom, dad, and grandmother chose the winner. We all were allowed 4 extra ingredients not included in the GBhouse package.

Josh and I drew the Grizwald theme... or better known as National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. We did the house in lights using nerds. We had the big christmas tree coming out of the house like it does in the movie. Of course, Uncle Eddie and his RV had to make an appearance. Our ingredients were nerds, green thread, sugar cookie dough, and white cotton candy for the snow.


My brother, Ricky, and his girlfriend drew the nativity. They used gingerbread people, candy canes, coconut, and animal crackers.

My sister, Lindsay, and her husband drew the shire (lord of the rings). They used coffee grounds, coconut, tennis balls, and I think chocolate.

My brothers, Kenny and Tommy, drew Dr. Seuss. They used bugles, coconut, pretzels, and pop-tarts. Because they are so skilled... they didn't have to use the poptarts. They built this house just using what was provided in the package. Unreal.
  All the houses.


And the winner was....


Awesome job guys! Everyone's turned out so great... except Josh and I's. Our poor house didn't quite meet what we had expected in our minds. Oh well, It was a success anyways because it was the first year we did it without any bickering!! HOORAY;)

No comments: