12/27/12

I met with Jesus on a Target run


husband kept C this afternoon while I ran to Target. As I returned home, I was deep in prayer. Realizing I had some time before C would wake up from His nap, I passed our house and pulled off on an abandoned road. Then and there, my car became a sanctuary.

The past few weeks, I have been heavily burdened for a dear friend. It's been a time of deep prayer, hurting, and longing. It's drawn me closer to the Lord than I think I've ever been before. It's made me question how much I truly trust in His will. It's strengthened my faith. I've been desperate to feel is His closeness. His nearness to me. Because it just felt like I was in the Valley. Alone. And there was no hope.

As I parked my car, two songs came on shuffle. I wept as I remembered that He promises to be near. He promises to pull us through the hard times. Even when we don't feel Him, He is near.

Be Near- Shane and Shane (live)

This next song came on as I was pulling off to return home. The Lord gave me a great peace that in His timing, my friend would find this song to be true in their life, and they could sing it in victory. I rejoice for I know it will happen.

When I think about the Lord-Shane and Shane
(this is a cover)

I praise a living, true God. Who hears my prayers. Answers, and loves me. Sometimes I simply sit in awe that the Creator of this world desires an intimate relationship with me. And when it feels He is far...He is in fact very near. Goodness, He is good.

7 comments:

Angela said...

great encouraging post! Thanks for being vulnerable.

Nicole said...

Love both of these songs so much. I'm so glad that you were able to have that time with the Lord! God is so good!

Hanna said...

HI there! I'm Hanna!!! I enjoyed seeing your holiday post:)Your blog is lovely. I am your newest follower. You can find me anytime at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

xoxoxoxo Hanna

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Don't you just love it when God stops you in his tracks? He is just so good! Thanks for sharing your heart! (Found you through Casey!)

Erin said...

This is so beautiful and encouraging :) I just found your blog through The Wiegand's, and am loving your posts. Inspiring!

Now following ya via GFC :) Excited to come back and read more!!

Xo

Erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

Bethany@http://thislittleestate.blogspot.ca/ said...

From the depth of my heart, thank you for these songs today. I found you through caseys link up and this is just what I needed. Bless your sweet heart.

Kate Kubler said...

So glad The Lord encouraged you through my post. It's nothing I've done but all glory to The Lord. He is so good.