1/14/13

running off 4 hours of sleep

Last night, I finally acquired the courage to put little boy in his crib for the first night. sheesh, tough stuff for this first time momma. He sleeps 9:30-8 consistently now. I told myself once he started doing that, that I would put him in his room. Stupid self. 

Last night we took the plunge. Started out pretty strong. He slept 9:30-2:30. I thought "yeah, he's got this"... Gave him paci. Fell asleep at about 3. woke up at 6. I thought "okay, maybe not" gave him paci. woke up again at 7. I thought "why did I think this would be a good idea". gave him paci. woke up at 8. I thought, "am I dead". gave him paci. slept till close to 9. 

After he ate at 8:30ish, we started to fall asleep on the couch. Husband put C back down for a nap. This exhausted momma took a good 2 hour nap. So did C. 
Of course, he woke up happy as usual. All in all, not a horrible first night. You're probably thinking "what?? that sounded like pure misery". I have to disagree, waking up each time to a little boy who smiles when he sees you.... #heartmelt. 

here's to a better night tonight. please Jesus.

6 comments:

Becky [Apples of Gold] said...

#1. My favorite line in this was "I thought, 'am i dead' "... LOL. Love it!

#2. You are so beautiful, exhausted and all!!

#3. It's always great to know there are other moms suffering through semi-sleepless nights. It means I have company all over the world, whether I see it or not. =) I hope baby boy sleeps better tonight.

AND WOW, is he a cutie!! Love those photos!! What a contagious and adorable smile!

Allison said...

We moved Millie to the crib last week. She had been sleeping well with one middle of the night wake up to eat only (slept from 7-2:30 and then 3-6:30) She did this her first night in the crib, then the next 4 nights she woke up EVERY 3 hours. I was so exhausted. Last night she slept through with out her middle of the night wake up (though she did wake up at 12 for a good 20 minute cry) I am sure hoping she does it again tonight. Hopefully C will get the hang of it in a couple of days. He is probably just thinking it is so lonely in there!

LacyLouise said...

Newest follower! My little man is 4.5 months, your schedule sounds like mine! If you figure it out let me know that paci game is the death of me

Whitney said...

Bless your heart! Here's to hoping the little man has an even better second night :)

Valerie Griffin said...

praying for a better night for y'all tonight, friend!

Megan Brewer said...

Oh, Katie. I have had those nights more often than I'd like to remember!! Don't worry, just as you found in your most recent post, the Lord gives us mommas that extra rest just when we need it the most...or as an unexpected blessing! (Matt and I were almost late for church last week when G & C slept until 8:45! C had been our alarm clock for a few months now, but dare I say, we might actually have to set one now!) Love the pics of sweet Cannan! Can't believe G & C haven't met him yet!