1/25/13

Why I go without...

...because nothing I MEAN NOTHING is as important as being home with him.


Some days I just get really selfish. I think about all the things I would like to have, all the things I would like to do, and all the things I want for our home. I get a little bummed that I can't seem to find enough money to buy the curtains I want, or the shoes I really need, or to go on a fancy date. Then I see this little face: 

and I remember then that it's all worth it. Being a SAHM means we are broke 99.9% of the time. But it also means that I get to stay home with him every day, all day. 

So going without... 
is just the best thing ever.

"but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal" Matt 6:20

7 comments:

Valerie Griffin said...

yes :) my job at the church is only part time, so money is tight with us too. but i know i will be SO happy i'm not working a full time job when Miller arrives!

Jessica said...

And your a wonderful momma! Such a sweet little face!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily C said...

Your sacrifices are worth the reward:) I love it! so sweet.

Natalie said...

Amen! I feel the same way and have never thought twice about staying home! Even on the days I want a little bit more ;)

Erin said...

you are an AMAZING woman and mama. my mom had this same perspective while raising me and my sister, & we never had much financially but looking back i am SO thankful she was home with us :)

love you!

Sierra said...

I just found your blog and I love it. SO much!
Would love to see you over on my end.
xoxo,
sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream