2/26/13

Cstyle

C wore this outfit this past weekend. Why on earth are baby clothes so much cuter than adult clothes. I mean.. that hat. kills.me.


This morning I held C a little closer than normal. Sometimes fears set in. hard. I fear I'll lose him, he'll lose me, he won't come to know Jesus one day, I wont be a good mother, and on and on and on. You mommas out there know what I'm talking about. He's growing so quickly, and I already don't remember what it was like when he was small enough to cuddle on my shoulder. It's devastating how quickly they grow. As I was sitting there holding him so tightly that he was squirming to get free, I just had to stop and ask Jesus to take those fears away. He is sovereign, He is in control, and, most importantly, C belongs to Him. I am just a vessel. When I start to dwell on thoughts like Jesus loves him more than I ever possibly could, all those fears seem to vanish. Those fears are not from the Lord. Mommas out there... give your sweet babies to Jesus every single day. It's the only way I make it through the day sometimes.


5 comments:

Day By Day said...

I know what you mean about the worries. I'm not a mom yet but my husband and I are trying. I worry that we'll have fertility issues, that we'll struggle with getting pregnant, that we'll have to try for years, that eventually when we do become pregnant the baby won't be healthy. It's so easy to let the worries overcome you and cloud your vision. I am frequently praying to ask Him to just take my worries away and give me peace. I keep reminding myself that we are on God's plan and His plan is better than any I could imagine. He loves me and He has a plan for my life, even if it's not what I think it should be.

Leah said...

oh my goodness, i just wanna scoop him up and give him a big cuddle. he is sooooo adorable.
i completely understand what you're feeling. there are so many fears for our children to grow up the right way in the Lord. Praying over them, like Hannah did, over their life and their future is the best we can do and be a Jesus like influence for them.
I can't get over how adorable he looks!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Oh my gosh is he adorable. give him an extra squeeze from me :)

Lacey O. said...

Stopping by from the linkup, can't wait to follow along! Seriously the cutest blog I have stumbled on, not to mention such a cute kiddo. take care!

lacey
sunnyandturquoise.blogspot.com

Alexandra Hovatter said...

Oh wow, I just squeed! Your boy is too precious!!