2/12/13

easy peasy VDAY cookies



Friday night we stayed in. I was craving something sweet but didn't have ingrediants for my cupcake challenge. So, I worked with what I had. Thus, my favorite cookies ever shortbread cookies were made. I also happened to find that nifty cookie press in my cabinets a few weeks back. I forgot all about that bad boy! They took like 10 minutes total to prepare. Husband devoured them. 

Cut the recipe in half or you'll have these to munch on for days. 

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into chunks
1 teaspoon water

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Add the flour, salt, and powdered sugar to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add in the vanilla, the butter and the 1 teaspoon of water. Pulse together just until a dough is formed. 
Form into any shape you want. Use a cookie cutter or go ghetto style and use a tooth pick to shape the cookies. Get creative people. 
Bake until the edges are just light brown, about 12 to 14 minutes, rotating the pans half way through the baking process. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Tansfer to wire racks and cool until room temperature. Enjoy!

Tips: Store in airtight container for up to a week or freeze uncooked log for up to a month.



1 comment:

Brittany said...

These sound yummy plus I've been wanting cookies. I have all these ingredients...... ;) perhaps ill whip up some.