3/21/13

probably the lamest DIY project ever.

My father in law owns a nursery. No, he is not a grown man keeping babies. The other kind of nursery. The plant one. So, this basically means that he gives me the plant hook up. It's the bees knees.  He gave me about 9 succulent plants last week when we went over for dinner. Lame or not lame, plants make me happy. Oh gosh, I'm turning into my mother...


I wanted to dress up the plant bowls a little bit... see I don't even know the technical names for them. I'm still allowed to own plants though right? Hope soon. 

that above is my attempt. Yes, even the plant is laughing at me. I did about three of them before I caught on to how lame they looked. But, oddly enough, they kinda look good on my shelves you see in the background. The graphic pattern kinda in a super lame way works.

Don't stress yourself out ((don't know why you would)) but I plan to buy some cute little planter thingys soon at Target or Home depot. Although, I'm kinda loving just the plan orangy color of those planters. They may just happen to stick around... that is if they plants don't die on me first.

Do you hear me little plants? I'm fighting for you. Praying my FIL never reads this post. He'd disown me for my lack of plant knowledge and lingo.

 photo bsbutton200.jpg

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

So jealous of your nursery hook up!!! Seriously, if I didn't have a tendancy of killing house plants, I would absolutely surround myself with plants.

and I don't think this is lame!!!

bandofbrothers said...

i love me some succulents and terra-cotta pots!!!

Whitney said...

I'm obsessed with succulents. Had them in my wedding bouquet!

Whitney said...

I'm obsessed with succulents. Had them in my wedding bouquet!

Mrs. Osmond said...

Bahaha! We totally have the same title! haha great minds think alike! lol. I love plants I too wish I had more knowledge of plants!

the hummingbird said...

Haha, I love this post. And, I really like your planters! Keep the orange. I'm no green thumb myself, but the husband and I are attempting a vegetable garden this year. Wish me luck!