3/25/13

The man of my dreams


Growing up, my dad was the man of my dreams. I would often find myself wishing I could be just like him. I LOVED getting to go places with him, just the two of us. I'd flip through his cassette  tapes in the car and play name games (big black bugs bleed black blood) until I couldnt talk anymore. I cherished those little moments. I honestly remember so so many of those car rides. Times when it was just me and him. He was the man of my dreams.

Today is his birthday. I wish I could say in words what this man means to me. The sacrifices he has made for my family show his true, honest, hard working character. When I say honest, I mean he is the most honest man I've ever met. ever. His love for Jesus is so honorable and strong. Every single day that man points me Jesus more than he probably even realizes.

When I was little, I wanted to be just like him. I still do. He is gentle, speaks only when he needs to impart wisdom or make a funny, witty joke, loves unconditionally, disciplines accordingly, and loves hard.

Gosh I wish I could describe him accurately, but I just can't find the words. He is the best dad. Literally the best.

So thankful C has such an amazing Grandfather. Happy birthday daddy. I love you so very much

-katiebug

2 comments:

Alyssa A said...

This is so sweet! I love this man. He is the sweetest man ever. He is such a great role model. I am so thankful to know him. [And you ;)]

Heather Leigh said...

Aww so cute!! The role model of a Dad to his little girl is so important. I wish all dad's knew that :)