4/8/13

lovely trees and dada : a weekend recap



I don't know the exact name of these trees. Cherry something or other. But, I do know they are the most beautiful trees. I told husband that we WILL have these planted in our back yard. That is if my sweet father in law will supply them. He owns a nursery. It's awesomesauce.

Saturday while I was out shooting a session, husband sent me this pic below. I need to discuss two things about it:

1. I really gotta teach the husband the importance of actually working for a good shot. He just points, clicks, and is done with it. Not sure the man even looks at the phone to see what he is capturing. Come one husband. At least get something in focus. That man, I love him. Faults and all.

2. Those two stinks are the best of friends. I know I say that a lot (okay a lot a lot) but they really are. Husband said they laid like this for a good while. Finn is so good with C it amazes me.

Finally,  over the weekend, Friday to be exact, C learned how to say DADA. He'd done it before but it was more or less an accident. This weekend he figured it out full force and the boy hasn't stopped saying it since. In the middle of the night, during dinner, during bath time, during feeding time, all. the. time.

Ignore the horrible quality of this video and the zero editing done. Iphones take wonderful photos& offer so many editing apps but I wish there were more video editing apps. Maybe there are... help a sista out if you know of some!


9 comments:

Julie said...

SO sweet! That video melted my heart! What a fun little milestone for y'all :)

And I so agree about those trees– I NEED some of those in my yard someday!

Like an infinite fall said...

Love those trees!!! And the video is super cute!

the hummingbird said...

Kate! Love those trees! There is something so magical about cherry blossoms. And, what an adorable boy. You have a beautiful family.

katie ridings said...

lol when matthew said mama he only said it one time and then when he said dada he said it over and over and over again for a week!!

Mrs. Osmond said...

Gorgeous shots!! Seriously the trees are beautiful and you and your baby are just gorgeous!

bandofbrothers said...

i love your shirt! and your hair! xxoo

learning2see said...

Love that geometric blouse on you. Too cute. And I just adore baby babble! Sounds like a great weekend too!

Valerie Griffin said...

so precious! love you & c with that gorgeous tree!

AlyciaMealy said...

You are so pretty!!!