4/22/13

teaching him joy. and our weekend.

As we speak or as I type if you want to get all literal, C is fighting his nap. Little boy is teething like there's no tomorrow. Not kidding folks. Snot, buggers, drool, slight fever, messy diapers... you know, the works. Two sweet teeth have made their appearance in the last two weeks. I've heard nightmares about kids teething. How it's stressful and the worst experience ever. I'm determine for that to not be our case.

Don't get me wrong, I know it will down right suck for him and painful for that matter, but I plan to try to still do fun things with him. So far, watching Finn play outside, Puffs, bath time, frozen bananas, and walks seem to distract him from the pain. So that's what we are doing. And a lot of it. Oh and baby Tylenol, because let's get real... none of those other remedies (tablets, gel, etc) are cutting it. When the times get real hard for him... Tylenol it is. #don'ttellmetheharminiti'vedonemyresearchthankyou
We went to the park last week. It was a hard day for C teething wise, and I knew the poor kid just needed some good ole fun. He wasn't fussy a single moment we were there. This whole teething process has been a doozy (read: days spent with both of us in pjs and dinner from subway bc we are both just down right exhausted. cook dinner? ain't no body got time for that), but I'm determined that it won't still our joy. I'm determined not to get frustrated or stressed with the situation. It's a phase, a quickly fading phase. Before I know it, the kid will have a mouth full of teeth. I'm going to enjoy each little tooth that pops up and try to cope with the cries, screams, snot that come along with it. Bc I think that's what being his mom is going to be all about. Teaching him that even in the hard times, we can have joy. Yes, happiness in earthly things, too, but more importantly in the true joy that Jesus brings.

So, here's to a day of fighting teething with an absurd amount of things that make him happy. Today that includes riding shotgun in the shopping cart and spending the evening outside with friends. It's going to be perfection.

oh, and this weekend husband and I went on a date night. Hasn't happened sans C in way tooo long:) It was splendid. seriously wonderful:)

fun fact: I had to google 6 words to make sure I was spelling them right. I was not...

10 comments:

Ali said...

Hoping over from Sami's! You're baby is adorable! <3

Heather Leigh said...

Aww He's so adorable! That's a very good lesson to teach them at a young age! To be joyful even in the not so joyful moments. My daughter has been teething like crazy as well. Walks are something that keeps her occupied. :) She loves the outdoors!
Hugs xoxo! <3

Valerie Griffin said...

you & C are the cutest :)

Heather Marie said...

oh my.. I LOVE you and your baby :) sooo cute! a new follower!

honeebeeblog.com

Brittany said...

You're such a great mommy!! You inspire me , I can't wait to be a mom someday :)

bandofbrothers said...

you are going to be my new fashion and hair consultant, mkay?

oh yah, and sorry about the teething. finn and ollie turned jeckle and hide on me...like screaming so loud at midnight we thought they were dying and had to drive them to the ER...thankfully we realized it was teeth at that point... Calvin and Twain were so chill, I never even knew they were teething! So odd!

Lindsay said...

sorry your little guy had such a tough weekend. I love that you still make the best of it. & those jean! I just love the color.

Leah said...

so good you're helping stay distracted from the pain. sweet little guy! hope it goes by fast and gets the little chompers he needs without too much more pain!

Nicole said...

I love you so much, friend! Your sweet heart blesses me so much. I am so ready to be finished with school so we can hang out!!

Nicole said...

I love you so much, friend! Your sweet heart blesses me so much. I am so ready to be finished with school so we can hang out!!