5/2/13

A boy & his pup: photog tips: and a video:)

A couple weeks back, I shot some pics of C and finn playing around the house. I LOVE them:) C is really into trying to put everything... even Finn... into his mouth. These three images just crack me up!

Sometimes, a play blanket, a pup, and a stinkin adorable baby tush are just the recipe for some heart melting photos. I realized that I didn't have a single photo of that naked tush since he's been able to sit up, shocker, I know. I was making lunch and about to put C into the bath. Through the door crack, I could see C and Finn playing quietly. I had no idea that Finn was guarding over C and his kingdom of misfit toys. I ran for my camera, and tried my best not to disturb them. Well... that is without the occasional "FINN, STOP LICKING HIS MOUTH!"

Photog tip:
I shot this in manual and very underexposed. I was in a hurry and not paying attention to what my settings were. That's why it's crucial to invest in a great editing software other than photoshop. I love me some Lightroom. I was able to correct the exposure to my liking.

Photog tip: Get creative with your perspective. Like I said, I shot this through the door crack. I love how the white door edges caused that dreamy effect to the side of the photos.

Photog tip: Let your subject be. With my own kids, and even when shooting sessions, I try my hardest to just let them be. Catch them in their moments. The last image is my favorite. It so represents this stage C is in. He loves finn and he loves putting finn in his mouth.


And because this is just TOO cute... here is a video of C we took on our iphones the other day. This is C's favorite thing ever to do right now! chasing finn... and he's almost crawling. I thought I might be able to catch his first attempt on video... not so much. Listen carefully for his squeaks and giggles. They are contagious!


Have any questions? About today's post, my blog, or life? comment or email me! I'll answer on my FAQ page!

2 comments:

Cassie Marshall said...

oh my goodness why is he SO cute?!

Anna D Kart said...

You have the perfect little guys with a perfect little bum! So cute!

happymedley.blogspot.com