5/28/13

mud bugs minus the mud.

down here in the south, we know how to do sunny, summer holidays right. Grab crawfish, some sausage, potatoes, a table, a few buckets, and a butt load of paper towels and enjoy.
 ^^^ years from now when I'm sitting in a rocking chairs knitting at flipping through old albums, this will be the picture that melts my heart the most. for some reason that picture up there represents us so well. can't even explain it if I tried.

Memorial Day was a finger licking, watermelon eating good day with family. So good, I didn't mind all the extra calories spent on sugar cookies. Calories don't count on holidays. Didn't ya know?
^^watermelon was devoured by all. I wasn't too sure about it for C, then I realized it's seriously 90% water, so he chowed down. Needless to say, he highly approved. those little rascals are a trip.

I hope you all had just as good of a Memorial Day. Special thanks to those who are the bravest of brave, leave their loved ones, and serve this country.

SOO weird to think that this time last year, I was announcing the gender of our sweet baby. 

4 comments:

Leah said...

yum, watermelon is a must for family backyard gatherings! looks like you all had a splendid time!

Courtney Kassner said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I'm so glad I did! It has quickly become one of my favorites! Just spent a good while reading through your favorite posts and just love everything about this blog! Can't wait to read more!

Cathy Compeau said...

Hi there! I am co-hosting this week on Friend Connect Blog Hop. Thanks for connecting up!
I also host a TGIF Link Party over at my place -- A Peek Into My Paradise... http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ Would love for you to link up, Opens on Fridays and stays open until Wednesday at midnight. Thanks again for visiting the Friend Connect Blog Hop!
Have a terrific week!
Hugs, Cathy

Lynn said...

I just love all your photos! I'm not a sea food person, so a couple grossed me out haha but your amazing at capturing each moment.