5/15/13

some BIG news. eeeeeeeek!


 Because this post has to do with us expecting... here's an image from my sweet friends maternity session. Check out the rest of her session here:)

Today has been such a good day, like discovering Sonic put two cherries in your cherry limeade kinda good. And that my friends is realllly good. I worked out this morning, and then sat on my front porch in my rocking chair listening to the little family of blue birds that have nested on our pillars while having my quiet time. I sat there and prayed for a while rejoicing over what happened last night.

Last night was a pretty deciding night for the us. By that I mean... we've decided to expand our family from three to four:) We are officially starting the adoption process & I couldn't be more over the top excited!!!!!!!!

I've looked forward to the day of blogging this post because I knew that it meant it was more than just a dream, but now finally a reality. Last night we went to a Bethany meeting about international adoption. We know we want to adopt from Africa, and Bethany has a new pilot program that allows just that. Usually both parents have to be over 25, but through this program only one has to be. We went last night knowing that this meeting would decide a lot about our adoption path. Unfortunately, international adoption is not what the Lord has first for us at this time. Down the road, yes, but not right now. So, we are elated to start a domestic adoption!!!

We still have a lot of deciding to do. Whether we are going to go through Bethany or department of child services. We are praying through which one the Lord has for us. There are major pros and cons to both... if anyone reading this has any type of information on either that they could share by all means EMAIL THIS GIRL!

I could go on and on in this post about adoption, why it is right for us, why it should be right for you, but that's another post for another day. And I promise it's one I will be posting. But for now, I've got a little boy who is almost crawling and fussing because a toy is just out of his reach. So, I'll go play with him instead of typing all my thoughts out at the moment. I know so many people will think that this is kinda crazy. Yes, we are full aware that we just had a baby, and he is only 7 months, but we want to be faithful and follow the Lord. And the time is now. So we excitedly will follow!

My excitement today is equivalent to the day I held that pregnancy test up and saw two lines. We are expecting:) Sweet little boy, where ever you are, whoever you are, we are going to bring you home and momma is beyond ready.

Goodness. It's a good day. A good double cherry in your limeade day. 

20 comments:

Jana Smith said...

Hey Katie. I know you want remember me by name but I use to attend Kirby during my some of my high school and college years. But I recently came upon your blog and have loved your love for the Lord and your growing family. But after reading your last post I wanted to let you know about an organization called Life Choices in Memphis (if you don't know about it yet). My in-laws are a host family who keep babies while they are placed in homes. It is a wonderful christian organization and seems like a place you and your family might like to look in to. If you would like more info or have questions let me know!

Jana Smith said...

Oh yeah forgot... I wanted to adf that I am actually adopted and it is wonderful to know that God has placed a heart for adoption in your family. It is a wonderful blessing!

Cassie Marshall said...

Oh my gosh, girl, that is so exciting. Adoption has been on my heart a lot lately, and although I am nowhere near ready to start my family, I know it is in my future. I am so excited for your family and I will be praying for you through the process. The little boy/girl you adopt is going to be so lucky!

Alyssa said...

LOVE THIS!!! AHH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Anna D Kart said...

Congratulations!!! God bless you in your journey to bring that baby home

happymedley.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

HAPPY!!! So ready to chat over coffee (and puppy) with you next week!!

Valerie Griffin said...

this makes me so happy! y'all are awesome!

bandofbrothers said...

SO amazing! One of my dearest friends just her baby from Ethiopia YESTERDAY!!! He's officially theirs!

So happy for you!

Tamara @ The Workout Mama said...

That is awesome!

Heather Leigh said...

Wow that's so exciting!! Adoption is something I really desire to do too!! :))

Day By Day said...

Congratulations!!! How wonderful!!! My husband and I have adoption on our hearts as well. I'm really looking forward to reading your posts as your family travels this journey. I'll be praying for y'all in this process.

katie ridings said...

Wow, how cool!! Congrats :)

Becky | Apples of Gold said...

This is SO beyond awesome and SO SO beautiful!
I'm looking forward to hearing more about your process... adoption is something my husband and I have here and there, but we're still really iffy about all of it.
I know it's God's heart though, and it blesses my heart when I see others follow His lead and start up their very own process. Whoever that boy is, he's gonna be forever changed because you and your husband will be his new mommy & daddy.
That's some good good stuff!
(((hugs)))

Allisyn (aka the Mrs.) said...

congratulations!! that is sooo exciting :) i've been following your blog for a while now but havent left a comment yet because, well, i couldnt think of anything to say..haha! But, i'm so happy for you guys!

Whitney said...

over the moon for you and your little growing family!! :)

flatstolofts said...

Exciting! My husband and I are (almost) approved for foster-to-adopt. It's both completely scary and amazing at the same time!

Jordan Boesch said...

How exciting and amazing! I'd love to explore adoption one day...I love living vicariously through others right now though!

Like an infinite fall said...

I am soooooo happy for you!!!!!!

Megan said...

I'm so happy I clicked on this blog post! We adopted our Millie Janalee in July, and we went through the MS office. We had an incredible experience. (We also live in Southaven.) I blogged through our entire journey and you are welcome to read through it: from paperwork, waiting, home visits, placement ceremony, and meeting our daughter. Just click on the "adoption" category on my sidebar.

I'm glad you've joined us at MSWB! You will be a great asset to our community!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

So fantastic! Adoption is on our hearts too, and Lord willing we will be able to experience it for ourselves one day. 4 out of my 8 nieces and nephews are adopted, and it's just such a beautiful (hard, but beautiful) thing. So very happy for you!! xo