5/20/13

That one time I was a famous artist... kinda

 friday:
 Saturday:
 Sunday:


This weekend was one for the books. So much family time with my favorites.

D i v i n e.

Friday I finally splurged on a dress at Target I've been eye balling. By splurge I mean I finally convinced myself to use the gift cards I've been saving since Christmas. We take gift cards very seriously around here. They. Are. Gold. Speaking of gift cards, husband and I planned on using one that night for a date night, but last minute we followed our inner calling (read gut) and ventured to Gus's Fried Chicken. It's a famous local place that husband I had never had the pleasure of devouring... that is until Friday night. Oh. my. There is something sooooooooooo right (regardless of what doctor's say. dumb doctors) about eating all fried food. Pickles, Chicken, Fries and mac n cheese smothered in who knows how many cheeses. I'm salivating at the thought. Afterwards, we stopped by my sweet friends to see their new place. C almost crawled. It was eventful.

Saturday, I overslept thanks to a sleepless night of endless craiglist searching....why don't I live in a city that takes mid century modern furniture more seriously... But got ready fast enough to go with my mom and sisters to the A-Fair a town over. It's basically one giant craft fair with circus food thrown in for good measure. Why? Because any event in the south includes fair food. It's the law, I'm pretty sure. Free puppies were being given away. I alllllllllmost convinced husband that we needed her. He's a real stickler sometimes. And I had kind of a star moment. We walked into a boutique and a painting I had sold at a yardsale was marked up and being sold. Pretty sure the owner was  embarrassed. I mean, I painted that joker in high school and totally didn't think anyone would pay good money for it... did you see it? A joke people. Nonetheless, they asked me to sign it and said I should start painting more for them to sell. I think they were just being nice since they were pretty much caught red handed buying goodwill items and selling them for high costs. Oh well, I walked out of there with the most darling hand made quilt you've ever seen for only 30 bucks. They probably stole it from a nursing home:) I kid. I kid. We finished up the day with a cook out at my sisters with some of our church friends. Hamburgers and the hobbit. Yes please.

Sunday, Husband preached (always a favorite), I went to my sweet friends wedding shower (girl in the middle.. she's gunna be a smokin bride), sadly watched the Grizz lose their first semi finals game, and ended the night with my church family and stuffing my face with blackened fish and wild rice.

Hope your weekend was splendid and filled with as much food consuming as mine was. Little sad how much I love food and blogging about it. Does it count that I started the 30 day shred back? I'm gunna go with a yes on that one.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

How am I just finding your darling blog?! I'm enamored. You have a new fan (and follower).

bandofbrothers said...

i'm so thrilled you watched the hobbit. we loved that movie and the boys watch it every other day. some parents judge that kids shouldn't watch it but whatevs. it's a classic.

that puppy is cute but you did the right thing putting it back;)

Cassie Marshall said...

HAHAHA the painting, so funny.

Rachel said...

So glad I found your blog! I'm now the crazy girl who is catching up on your life! Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

Sara Turner said...

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend! That puppy is adorable btw. Stopping by via mingle monday!

Abigail said...

What a cute baby! You have such a gorgeous family :)

I'd love it if you can drop by mine and check out my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

naninana noni said...

ha, ha so fun, love your sweet corner here, also a new follower stopping by from annapolis and company weekend link up, many greetings from Germany , noni

Kendra Castillo said...

Your blog is adorable! So glad I stopped by :) Sounds like you had a great weekend, one that would only be made a tad better by a sweet puppy :)

my name said...

Hey there! I've been following your blog for *months because you post the. cutest. things. evs. I love love everything you post. Your blog actually made me wanna jump in and create a blog… But, I didn't. Mine wouldn't ever compare to yours. So I enjoy yours and pretend I am a part of your creative life! Ha! I just got home from buying the 30 Day Shred … Do you have tips, tricks, and recipes you do? I would love some inspiration and thoughts! (you have my permission to even write a post on it! ha!) Best of luck to you doing it again, and heh, my first go at it. Crossing fingers here. Keep up the happy blogging, Katie! :)