6/25/13

a recipe that will slay you & a dining room makeover

 Disclaimer: I 100% realize this is quite a random post. Just roll with it homies.

Yesterday I decided that I just wasn't quite ready for it to be Monday, so C and I pretended it was still the weekend and did a whole bunch of nothing yesterday. We did go grocery shopping but somehow those trips have morphed into a happy place for me. C laughing as I sway the cart while pushing is just becoming sort of "our thing". Plus I'm pretty sure Bob Harper would give me the biggest high five if he could look over what I was buying seeing as it was allll healthy... of course, I'd hide the frozen pizza behind my back and cross fingers he wouldn't see it. That and the oreos, and the cheeze its. Okay, it was mostly healthy. Baby steps people.

Anyways in our attempt to extend the weekend, we decided to have my dad over and my brothers for some Chicken Kabobs. Did I mention I surprised Husband with a grill and all it's accessories for Father's day/Anniversary?? Cause I did. I finally totally nailed gift giving with him. He always trumps me. Gotcha this time babe! BOOM! ohhhhhhhhh and I painted the dining room and our long hallway. Our table was delivered and just waiting for him to see it!!! More details on that later, I promise! Not ready to share it all now bc 1. I haven't finished decorating and 2. I totally goofed up and it has to be fixed, but that also means that I'm getting a second table! WHOOP! Like I said more on all that later, but in the meantime... check out my sponsor over there to the right. Furious Endeavors made the table legs and did a FANTASTIC job. I'm actually going to order more for the second table.

And now for a recipe. I've totally slacked on posting recipes on this here blog, but I want to do a better job. Wanting and doing though, yeah, they are very different.

The marinade for the chicken is hands down one of my most favorites ever. I told josh I feel like this is one of the best meals we've ever prepared and eaten. Partly because it was a join effort and partly because it was daaannnnnng good.

Honey Cilantro Chicken (kabobs): 

1/4cup honey
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2tbsp regular mustard
1/4 cup cilantro
Chopped pineapple for the kabobs (if baking, you could lay pineapple rings on top.. yum!)

Mix together and marinade the chicken (whole or chopped depending on its use) for as long as you have time for. I did two hours and it was wonderful, can't imagine what overnight would taste like.

If you are making kabobs, be sure to soak your wood skewers for thirty minutes before cooking. Chop up any veggies you like and arrange! Grill for about 15 mins total turning the kabobs every 3-4 minutes. 

Make that. TONIGHT!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Just found your blog!
Now following!
Looking forward to keeping up and getting to know you.

I also have a blog design site, if you ever need a blog makeover check it out :)
christinaloranedesigns.blogspot.com

xo
Christina
pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

Taylor Hart said...

Awwwww! I love your cute bloggy! I found you on the blog link up. This recipe looks super yummy. I love kabobs in the summer. following along!
xo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

Kendra Castillo said...

your kitchen is adorable and those kabobs are going to be happening very soon at my house ;)

Elizabeth Mayberry said...

i need a great rug like that!!! and the food also looks too good to be true. i love grilled pineapple!