6/20/13

This time 4 years ago, I said "I do". Here's a million pictures to prove it.

Today husband and I have been married for 4 years. I'm not sure how this is even possible considering it literally felt like it was yesterday in a way. In a completely other way, it feels as if we've been together forever. Know what I mean, babe?

There are 1.9million things I would change about our wedding if I were to redo it. Taste change. Pinterest wasn't even around then. Nonetheless, it was still a perfect day. It was simple. I didn't pay much attention to details. I just focused on marrying him. We did things cheap, and saved most the money for after the wedding. Best. Decision. Ever. So many people spend a stupid amount on money on a day that is very fleeting. On things that are just not important. It's sad really, that more attention is put into details than it is focused on Christ. Our culture is quickly forgetting the reason for marriage. The most important thing about our day was making a Covenant that symbolizes Christ and his church.

There are, however, three things about my day I would absolutely never change. The guy, the dress, and our ceremony. I'm still convinced I got the best guy, the most beautiful antique dress, and the most Christ honoring ceremony I've heard to date. 

In honor of our four years and never really taking the time to post pictures... I figured today was fitting.


Starting my freshman year of high school, I started writing letters to my future husband. I kept them all in a binder. I made this little book for Josh. All the envelopes were black, except the last one which I wrote the day of our wedding. One of my absolute most precious items I own. I believe there is close to 30 letters. 
Seeing each other before the wedding is hands down the way to go.
 I still love these people and don't regret choosing them to stand by me on that day. So special
And these three images... I still swoon hard over them. 
the best part of the day : becoming his wife
And just a few of the details.
annnnnnnnnnd this photo below still gets me every time. They are the reason I knew what to pursue in a Godly marriage. Those two love birds, I love them.


babe, I wish I could accurately write out what you mean to me and how much I love you. But the words just wouldn't do it justice. You are the most incredible father to our son. Our marriage is far from a fairy tale or perfection, but it's one I wouldn't trade for the world. You make me a better person, a better mother, and you always point me to Christ. I'm thankful I get to do life with you, change dirty diapers along side you, and serve Christ under you. I love you babe. pinky promise.

better still be my winding wheel.

happy 4 years! Let's do this.

*all photography by Allison Rodgers Photography

6 comments:

Courtney Kassner said...

Beautiful photos and a beautiful marriage! Happy Anniversary!

Nicole said...

just LOVE. These images are so "you" and I'm so glad to finally see more than just a couple!! I hope that you and Josh get to celebrate. :)

Kendra Castillo said...

This is so sweet, I love how each image captures such a special time! congrats and happy anniversary :)

bandofbrothers said...

YES, gorgeous dress!!!! and i didn't spend a lot on my wedding either. i think $5000 total. and styles change every year, so it's impossible to keep up, right?

Haley said...

I love this post! Could you elaborate on ways you kept Christ in the wedding and how you made it more simple? I would definitely love to hear more!

Judy Beltrez said...

your pictures are so beautiful! so simple and glamorous (at least to me I guess lol)

you guys are a true example of what a Christ like marriage and parents look like.

I enjoy and love reading your blogs and stalking you on IG lol :)
blessings, Judy