7/22/13

Family vacation. Part I : meeting the beach


It's weeks like last week that just make me wanna freeze time forever. You know the drill, stop the clock, stay where you are, and never want the week to end. And when the week finally does come to a close, you cry once your home because you already miss your family. Okay, maybe that last part is just me.

If I had it my way, time would have stopped last week. I would have scooped up my one other brother who couldn't make the trip & carried him down to the beach with me and the rest of my family. Alas, time goes on, but I'm thankful for the memories that were made. I'm going to file last week as the week that should have kept on going for ever and ever.
 ^^my family rented that massive, first house up there. It was approximately 25 steps from the beach and nested in the sweetest, most quaint neighborhood Destin, FL has to offer. Drive out of the neighborhood and you were smack dab in the middle of all the hustle and bustle Destin has to offer. Big Kahunas, The Track, and the outdoor mall were all within walking distance.... oh and so was a Krispy Kreme. Halle-freakin-lujah. We arrived late Saturday night after a good 10 hour drive and getting lost only once. Unpacking, room picking, and grocery shopping occurred, followed by a major sleep crash. Seriously one of the best nights of sleep ever. Oh, and to say that C was a dream baby traveler is a total understatement because he was a SUPER dream baby traveler.

C met the beach the second day there. Those thin, translucent eye brows stayed in a constant frown shape. Sand, waves, and all the noised accompanied with such were the least bit entertaining to my boy. "Enough" he proclaimed loudly through a screaming cry about two steps into the water.
 so this is what we did instead...
 Opposite of my partner in crime, I needed the ocean. like bad. Lolli took that boy in for a nap, like all good opposing beachers need, and I stayed out with my family.
Sunday was a down right success in my eyes... in C's... not so much. It's okay though, he got some extra milkies, a few bites of watermelon, and some snuggles from a just arriving daddy (he came on Sunday night so that he could be at church that morning). The obvious cure to a no good day.

to be continued...

4 comments:

dedivahdeals.com said...

Fantastic vacation pics, thanks for sharing!

P!nky said...

The beach looks amazing, great pictures

Betsy said...

That looks like a wonderful vacation. I was at the beach for a few days last week....and it rained. Poured the entire time. Until, of course, we had packed up the cars to go home.

soliloquiesandsass said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Glad you got to enjoy some beach even if your little one didn't :) Can't wait to read more about it!