7/15/13

green beans anyone?





Let me just begin by saying that I hate almost everything about summer... shocking, I know? Sorry but I'm a scarfs and boots and sweaters gal. Always will be. You can't tell me that 90% humidity and 9 billion mosquitoes beats out caramel apple cider and christmas music. I'm sorry. You just can't win that argument.

With all that said, summer here in the 901 hasn't been as dreadfully awful as usual. We've barely hit over 95 most days which is big for us. And when I say it's 95 degrees out it really feels like 120 because of the sticky humidity. So to make the most of the breathable summer nights we are having, husband and I ventured out last week to a park downtown for a picnic and some good ole people watching for C. I snapped these photos with my iphone in between C chewing on my otter box case. For that kid all you need for a rockin summer night is green beans, a camera case, a fancy pants camera strap, and strangers walking by.

Josh and I were talking just the other morning about how each phase C enters is our favorite. Time with him just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see him as a big brother because a fun announcement.... our formal application for our adoption was accepted!!!!!!!!! We start our Home Study in just a few weeks:)

4 comments:

Like an infinite fall said...

Congratulation !!!!!!

Alyssa said...

Such amazing news!! Congratulations!!

Courtney Kassner said...

That's great news and so exciting! What a blessing!

{Jessica} said...

Congratulations, Kate! That is wonderful news. C will be a great big brother:)

PS: I'm with you on the whole liking cooler weather/the holidays/yummy fall drinks better than summer. I love the beach and pretty summer dresses, but given the choice, I'd choose the colder seasons any day of the week!