7/29/13

meeting goals, the weekend, and other random things

Normally, I might apologize for the randomness that is about to occur in the form of this blog post, but it's Monday so I won't... that's a legit excuse, right?

 ^^too early in the morning on Friday, I met up with my sisters for our final run in our 5k training. Needless to say, it was completed. This chick right here ran a whopping 3.8 miles that morning in my personal best pace. If you would have asked me 3 months ago if I would ever run a 5k I woulda laughed in your face. I just had no desire. But then my sister asked us to do it and like any good sister... I secretly whined to my husband but joyfully told her yes.... sister award for me please.

It's been such an incredible journey. I never realized how much is would push me, challenge me, and down right exhaust me, but completing goals feels waa to the ayyyy good. Feels like forever ago I wrote this post. On to training for a 10k. Then to train for the half marathon. Sheesh, what have I gotten myself into...

To celebrate our 5k accomplishment, we did what any respectable girly sibling group would do... we had a Mexican food feast, painted our nails, and talked in Australian accents while watching Pitch Perfect. I just really feel the need to befriend Fat Amy. I think we could be bff.

Major thanks to my seesters. those two are my best friends.

Saturday came and brought a pizza and movie day in bed with C and the husband. It also held a cookout with some church friends & me devouring down on some pioneer woman salsa. That stuff is crack in its most organic form.

Sunday meant me waking up in my sleep to get this ^ picture. Seriously have no memory of doing that until I looked at my phone. Guess I really liked my walls? or the sun coming in? not sure what was going on there. &&& then I get to church and my shoes break. Sweet friend brought me a pair to wear. I woulda thought the day to be shot if it weren't for one heck of a convicting sermon and the best community group time ever.

I'll end on this note... I promise you sometimes I think I look like Michael Jackson... or Joan Rivers. Don't you see it in that pic of me pointing to my shoes. I know I'm making a silly face, but it's totally channeling MJ. I'll just go with its a good thing? Like maybe I'll inherit his dance moves too, or I'll have my own talk show one day... mostly I'm channeling that I can never, ever get a nose job. If so, I'll be a MJ impersonator for life.

oh, and it's the LAST day to enter this giveaway!!! An adorable necklace & a blog design... yes please! Winner Chosen TOMORROW:)

8 comments:

Angela said...

I love that your sisters are your best friends. My sister is my ABSOLUTE best friend also. She's gone on vacation right now for just a week and I already miss her!

Amy said...

Joining from Mingle Monday!

Running 5K is such a huge accomplishment! I think once you entering the running world you're surrounded by people running 10K for fun and marathoners..and it takes away from the amazingness of running a 5K!

I ran a 5K a couple years ago and then stopped running... stupid of me. I'm just getting back into running again and forgot how much joy it can bring you! Pushing yourself past your limits is such a rewarding thing!

Amy said...

Found your blog through mingle monday and I may or may not have creeped it a little...lol! I noticed on your photog site you serve the desoto/tate area. I'm originally from Senatobia! Small world! Your blog is super cute! Newest follower here!

Alisha said...

Love your blog, it is so cute! I found you on Mingle Monday… new follower!

http://alishasanecdotes.blogspot.com/

Hima Rajana said...

Congrats on the 5K! It's awesome that you and your sisters have stuck with it for this long! Are you planning on doing any races soon?
I'm loving the tie-front tank :)
I'm happy to have found your blog and I can't wait to follow future adventures! (and adorable puppy pictures)
xo, Hima
P.S. I just started a blog and joined the cool kids club. I'd love for you to swing by and leave me a comment with some feedback! Thank you so much.
Hima Hearts

Elle said...

Hello! Just want to say that that more your talk about you running, the more you make me want to start running! Any tips?
Have a nice week!

Shio Waline said...

Loved reading this post, and looking at all your cute pics!! That's so awesome that you have your sisters as your best friends, nothing can beat that! :) And that last pic and your comments totally cracked me up, lol!! Inner MJ :) Love your blog & following, you are too cute!!

xo,
Shio

www.sweetnessaboos.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Way to go with the running! You can do it!