7/5/13

probably the millionth blog post you've seen on July 4th but hey, read anyways:)


 ^^we all know what yesterday was. C, however, had no idea. Although, he came to learn that July 4th clearly meant an abundance of food. The kid ate and ate and ate and ate. Clearly his mother's son. Oh, and can we just pause and discuss the cuteness that is his hand print flag. Didn't quite turn out as I hoped but goodness it makes my ovaries flip. Upon realizing he had zero attire for the day, I whipped out some paint and a stained onesie & viola! Kid could wear a garbage bag and still ooze adorableness.
 ^^we headed to my parents for some serious spoiling. C was the only grandchild present due to the fact that most of my family is out of town. Lolli spoiled him rotten with food and kisses and hugs and more kisses. C didn't hate it. Husband... I don't really know what to say about that party pooper other than the fact that he refused to dress patriotic with me and C. He loves America, I promise.
 ^^you can't tell due to the disgustingness that is my hair, but the weather was actually AHHMAZING! Last year, I was way preggo and the heat almost put me into labor.
^^nom.nom.nom.
We ended the night the same way all of America probably did... friends and fireworks at our city's show. And can I just say, without sounding way cheesy, that I sure do love this country I live in. I don't always agree with the way it might be governed or the sinfulness that happens in it, but goodness I sure am thankful I get to live in it. Something about watching fireworks with complete strangers and friends while listening to God Bless America just makes me wanna sign up for the Marines. Ya know what I mean? I swear, if they had military recruitment outside of firework shows, enrollment would probably double. I should make some sort of comission for even suggesting the idea, right?

Hope y'all had a splendid fourth!

5 comments:

Jess Elyse said...

That onesie is absolutely adorable! Such a great idea!

And you should totally get commission on that idea, because I agree with you. I think that would totally happen! ha

Jess

bandofbrothers said...

love your hair!

katie ridings said...

love his onsie, super cute :)!!

Hima Rajana said...

I love both of your outfits, and I think that dressing in red, white, and blue is half the fun of the 4th! The other half, of course, is the food and the fireworks.
Hope you had a great one!
xo, Hima
Hima Hearts

Jessie said...

Your little guy is too cute! Love your cute blog!

http://ofdwellinganddress.blogspot.com/