7/2/13

The Real Life Diaries

I've pretty much decided that from now on my ramble posts about whatever seems appropriate that day will be called The Real Life Diaries. Mostly because it helps them sound a tad less boring and a little more fancy. Something about the word diaries just says "hey, I'm fancier"


So that's that.

 ^^those flowers are brighten my day every time I walk past my dining room. A simply reminder of Matthew 6:38-30
"And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"

 ^^so hott outside these days. This pup lives right here.
 ^^love finding little remnants of C every where, but not so much of finns paw prints still on the door bc cleaning has been the last thing on my mind these days.
 ^^real real life. Some of the flowers are dying buuuut I still love them so they are staying.
^^ I've been living in that headband for the past few days. It's becoming part of my summer uniform real fast.

Life around here has been messy, emotional, and tiresome, if I'm gunna be honest and real.But at the same time, I've never felt so much peace and joy that the Lord is in control and I can rest in him. That may sound so contradictory to some. Following the Lord is never easy. It's always a battle to put your  hope and trust in him and to die to your sinfulness, but at the same time, it's incredibly freeing.

So there's a real life post for ya.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Life has been really messy, emotional and tiresome lately for me too. And you're so right about the battle to hope and trust in the Lord. Well said.

Nicole said...

hahahahaha I was seriously laughing at your little bit at the top because when I started the marriage diaries I thought the EXACT same thing. Aren't we fancy people? ;) I really can't wait to see more of these "diaries" because I kind of love you and I kind of really love your honest and real heart. You, friend, are such a light here. So thankful!!

Christen said...

Love the flowers and your new dining room set up :) And your new headband! Love you friend and so thankful for you! Praying for you and so thankful for the hope that God provides and that we can trust Him in the midst of anything we encounter.

Judy Beltrez said...

loving the dining room, loving the headband but most of all loving the HAIR!! :) i seriously need to start a marriage diary, this is such a great idea!