10/7/13

Crap, it's time for this post.

this is it. The last of these. Brrreeeeaaaattthhhheee.

&& this is the part of the post where this momma's tears start flowing uncontrollably. When the crap did this kid grow up?


I can't even pretend that hitting "C Monthly Update" on my labels tab didn't make cry. This is the last of his monthly updates for his first year. I just can't quite come to terms with the fact that I have a one year old. Why in the world does the first year fly by? And why the crap hasn't someone invented something to slow time the crap down. Sorry for my excessive use of the term crap. I'm just partly outraged that I'm somehow writing this post. He's not supposed to be a toddler walking around saying cute words and all. He's supposed to still be my baby. Don't get me wrong, I love this stage & to say that it's my favorite would probably be a lie too because I've loved every single stage he's hit. But gosh I loved his babyhood.

 Having a kid is just the best thing ever. Words can't even do justice how thankful I am for my kid and the joy he's brought into our lives. The Lord is so overwhelming gracious to let me be his momma.

C,

This past year with you has hands down been the best year of my life. no question. You are seriously the best thing that has ever happened to your daddy and I. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single day with you thus far. Even on the hard days, the Lord is gracious enough to remind me that phases pass quickly and to enjoy every second, even the bad seconds. So I did. And I'm thankful. You have been the easiest baby I could imagine having. You hardly ever fuss unless you're teething or tired. You always go with the flow & just want to be a part of everything we are doing. This past month you changed into size 4 diapers. You were 9-12 month clothing, although most 12 month clothes are too big. You still take two naps a day & I can't imagine dropping one anytime soon. You love your sleep. You weight 21.4 lbs and 29 inches long. Dr. Bubba said today that you are not just average, you are perfect in all your ratios. YAY!

New things this month:
-YOU WALK!! You started this a solid week before your birthday. Some days you walk a lot, other days you take maybe one step. The furthers you've gone is walking across an entire room. yes, I totally screamed and cheered and even cried a little.
-You switched to whole milk the day after your birthday party. You were just ready and so far you've made a really smooth transition.
-You say "mama, dada, uh oh, and nanannaaaa (which sounds just about as close to banana as you can get without saying the "b" sound, and you say it with a high pitched na at the end and it's adorable). You are constantly talking in gibberish and really mimic a lot of what we say... you say other words but those four are the clearest.
-You can find & point to momma and daddies nose, eyes, and ears. We are working on mouth.
-You hate, I repeat, hate clapping and think it's dumb.
-You love walking your toy walker around. You're a ninja with that thing and can stir it just about anywhere you want it to go.
-You love to "read" you don't want any help. You sit on the floor and turn the pages by yourself.
-You are also eating just about anything I sit in front of you. You are the best eater.
-You cut 5 new teeth this month!!!!!! I thought it was just three, but after a Dr visit today, he saw two more about to break through. Kid, that's a total of 12 teeth at the age of 1. What in the world? On a positive not, I'm thankful you are cutting 5 at one time instead of doing this at 5 separate times.

I love you C, to the moon and back times a million.

-momma

No comments: