12/4/13

family photos, if you will

So give me just a moment to be a real, total debbie downer. I was really hoping this year that we'd be holding two babes in our arms for our Christmas cards. I put off our family photos as long as I could in hopes that by some miracle we'd get the call from our adoption agency and our son would be waiting. But, that just hasn't happened yet. I mean, our film (similar to the one on my sidebar over there ---->, but a little different and posted on our agency's site) hasn't even gotten any hits in weeks. bummmmmmer. Still praying for a Christmas miracle though. The Lord's timing is sometimes not my own, but always better.

I'm holding out on hiring a photographer to capture our growing family until we do receive our next son, so I took these before one of my recent sessions. Actually, I set the camera settings and directed my sister and she took the ones of the three of us. Good job Linny!
although I feel like a member of our family is missing from these, I'm incredibly thankful for the two boys I have in my life right now. They bring unmeasurable amounts of joy to my life.

4 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

What a truly beautiful family!

Kate Kubler said...

You have a beautiful family & your story warms my heart. Praying you get that call soon, girl!

Kate Kubler said...

you have the best hair. and the warmest heart.
xxo

Kate Kubler said...

Seriously love your little family! 1 - you're gorgeous! 2 - your hubs is rockin' that cardigan like there's no tomorrow! 3 - C is precious!
Your blog has helped me so much. I'm ready for the next "season" of life (read.. babies) but it's not God's timing yet. And through your writing and the writings of others, I'm learing to praise God for what I have. Cherish these precious moments as a family of 3, God is working behind the scenes for Baby #2.
From one Katie to another, I'm praying for you.