12/24/13

Our Christmas Card this year & why I didn't like it at first.

Merry Christmas Eve!!! I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas. Where did this year go? I'm spending the day with husband's family and then all day tomorrow with my family. Christmas, food, family, it's all just the best really. I'm signing off this blog for a few days so I can really soak up the slowness of this season & the end of the year. I'll be back in a few days with my good ole annual Christmas Vomit post (look at C last year, my heart!).







loved everything about our card this year. Okay, I'm lying. When seeing it first, I felt like something was missing. I couldn't put my finger on it. I stared at it for like 30 minutes trying to figure out what I wanted changed, and then it hit me. He's not in it. I'm missing a little boy that I love in my heart, but I can't hold yet in my hands. The design was beautiful. The picture of us is great, if I do say so myself. But it's missing him. For now, I feel like we are a little incomplete. And I'm learning that that's okay. In His timing, our next child will enter our home whether by adoption or biologically. So this year, for our card, we are a family of three. And lord willing, by next year, we will be a family of four. I'll look back at this post and think how fast time flies and how good Jesus is. I'm sure some of you are like okay, already we know you are ready for your son. Some of you may even get annoyed every time I mention it, and honestly I could care less. I may sound like a broken record over here when I talk about adoption or wanting him here, but I'll make no apologies. This is my heart. It's where I'm at. All you adopting mommas understand, I'm sure.

My sweet friend, Lizzy, designed it, and she did an amazing job. Seriously, she rocks. I love love love the design!

Last year's card. 

I hope you all have a splendid Christmas celebrating with your families. For those of you who dread the Holidays because of a lost one, know I'm praying for you. Last year was a hard Holiday season for me. It's effect has made me more sensitive to those hurting during the Holidays. I hope you find your joy in Jesus this Christmas. In fact, I hope we all do. He's the true reason for the season.  I can't comprehend what my life would be like without Him saving me. To say I'm thankful for His birth would be the understatement of my life.

"This baby would be like that bright star shining in the sky that night. A Light to light up the whole world. Chasing away darkness. Helping people to see. And the darker the night got, the brighter the star would shine." Sally Lloyd Jones

5 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

No one is getting tired of hearing about where your heart is girl. Thats what keeps us coming back. Praying for a wonderful Christmas with your family and for both your little babies...the adorable one in your arms now and the one that will be in your arms in His timing.

Kate Kubler said...

Thanks for making me cry:)

Kate Kubler said...

Feeling those same feelings as I am waiting to hold the baby The Lord has created for us through adoption. Love on your sweet boy in the meantime and just know I share your heart!
Sorry of this is creepy since we don't know each other but we do share the journey of adoption :)

Kate Kubler said...

Not creepy at all! Praying for you!!!

Kate Kubler said...

Your card is beautiful, but I can just imagine that at this time of year you'd be all the more wishing you could share it with your next child!