12/21/13

romantic in the unexpected

there's this place I love to go. It's always a little more humid than I prefer. But the colors & prettiness overwhelm me. In year's past I took it for granted, but it's now become my wonderland. I could spend hours here picking things out & exploring with C. And the best part of it all is that my FIL owns it. His nursery is heavenly. Christmas hits and the poinsettias seem to go for miles.

 And this may sound foreign to all that is known about nurseries, but I find it oddly romantic. His place is nestled back in the woods off a country road. The heat. The humidity. The luscious plants. The quiet. The serene. The calm. The beauty. It's romantic in a way.  Just set up a table for two in the middle of all those poinsettias and goodness.

we spent our morning here exploring. Husband picked up several poinsettias for our church's Christmas service tomorrow. I walked around with C finding new plants I want and new spots to shoot an upcoming session. Ever since doing my brother's engagement session here, I'm craving another go at this place with my camera.

We've been coming here for years the Saturday before our Christmas service picking up poinsettias. It's become sort of an odd little tradition for us and I love it.

Happy Saturday before Christmas, friends. May this weekend and coming week be filled with JOY for you and your families.

2 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

It's great to have Christmas traditions, no matter how small or big they are! Lovely poinsettas


happymedley.blogspot.com

Kate Kubler said...

That sounds like a fun tradition, actually, and a very cool place to have in the family! Merry Christmas to you guys!