1/13/14

picture a fist. now picture it hitting the word goals. That's this post.



This whole goal setting by month is turning out to be a real genius move on my part. I'm constantly finding myself thinking about completing my goals for January and the ones I made for the overall year and how embarrassed I'll be once Feb 1 comes and I didn't do them. High five for accountability! Speaking of accountability, come back tomorrow, I'll be talking a lot about how I need it from you:)

Back to the story, so yeah, goal setting this month. One of my goals was to push myself creatively. That could be through photography or just any creative outlet. I've working through perfecting a new style of shooting and editing that is more MY style. Something that makes my work stand out and reflect more of me. I'm still in the process of figuring out what that looks like, but I'm having fun doing it. I took this images of C the other morning to test a few things, and I love how they turned out. Soft, warm, cozy, real, expressionitive (no that's not a word, I made it up). I then pushed myself again doing this lifestyle newborn session and shooting/editing it differently. I then pushed myself     a g a i n shooting promo shots for a band (more on that later), I then pushed myself again by writing a blog post for Tiny Prints (more on that later), and then I pushed myself, you guessed it, again by accepting a second shooter position for a wedding in March! (no, I don't want to get into wedding photography, this is just a way to push myself)  So BOOYAH goal of pushing myself creatively this year! Me and January know how to do. And I'm not even going to mention all my other monthly goals I'm plowing through, because then that would be bragging, and let's be real, that's a bit annoying.

How are you doing with your new year goals or you January goals? Kill it!

6 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

I found your blog through another friends friends blog... I can't even remember who. Maybe Nicole? I have been following you for a while and I am so in awe of what a wonderfully Godly mother you are. A true inspiration.


My goals this year were a lot easier before I started back at work. I am trying so hard to stick with them though! :)

Kate Kubler said...

That is freakin amazing. I can't wait to read all your new posts!

Kate Kubler said...

thanks girl!!

Kate Kubler said...

Make monthly goals! I promise they help break down the goals and keep you accountable! And thank you for the sweet compliments and encouragement. Any inspiration I give forth is all credited to Jesus. It is all Him through me!

Kate Kubler said...

Your newborn shots are quite amazing. I can tell you are starting to have your own style. It is a nice style at that!

Kate Kubler said...

Your welcome.