2/14/14

Last Minute DIY Valentines & Our Valentines Date

Early this week, I was a major debbie downer (and that's putting it super lightly). Discouragement showed it's ugly face. Today marks 9 months since we officially started the adoption process. For most pregnant mommas that means today I'd have a baby, but for adopting mommas.... there's no due date. I'm stuck blindly waiting. I realize most you won't understand this or how it feels. And that's okay. And some of you may be sick of me talking about this already. And that's okay too. Point is, I love this little boy, and I'm ready for him to be in our lives. Yes, I'm focusing on the here and now. Yes, I'm SUPER thankful for C and my husband, and I praise the Lord daily for them. Yes, I really am content with where the Lord has my family. But I'm also really ready to meet him. It's just hard to explain if you haven't gone through it. It's a weird state. I'm ready for my son to come home, and in the mean time, I'm content with my two boys. They bring so much joy. I sound so confusing. I know.

I was sick of being discouraged (but more like the Lord majorly convicted me) that today wouldn't be the day, so I decided to celebrate not only my boys, but so many women in my life who have invested in my family, loved us, prayed for us, prayed for our adoption, and just been really great friends. I headed to Target last night and drained their dollar aisle. I found some a d o r a b l e mini mailboxes and wool bags. I made my homemade chocolate chip cookies & stuffed the bags with cookies, kisses, and "art" hearts by C.

This was such an easy, inexpensive way to remind these ladies of how much I appreciate and love them. While delivering them, I prayed for each one and rejoiced to the Lord for allowing them to be in my life. Hope this inspires you to do the same for some great gals in your life. Thankful my husband encouraged me to do this and helped me along the way:)

 ^^C scribbled on some paper and I cut out hearts. I then came up with my own little different, funny sayings for each lady. This was to my sister. She totally gets it dont worry:)

To you ladies, you know who you are, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a friend to me.

Husband and I celebrated Valentines last night with dinner & cookie making! And today he is taking me to the Lego movie. I could not even begin to describe my love for that man. I seriously don't deserve such a great catch. He loves me so sacrificially. He's just amazing. Seriously. And these pretty, little flowers and my big batch of candy.... babe, you know me so well. 

And to my C. my gosh I love you toooooo much. You are the sweetest little boy and are such a picture of God's grace. You fill my heart with delight and being your mother is my proudest accomplishment. 

And he will kill me but just to brag on my man. Here he is cleaning our back yard from all of Finn's poop for lack of a better term. Guys, my husband has a servant's heart. It continually teaches me to serve more. Gosh this man is the best. And hush, it's Valentines day. I'm allowed to be mushy!

And someone please tell me why Blogger makes all my images blurry and pixely? What is the DEAL! Do I just need to switch hosts already?

3 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

Kate, I am so thankful for you, Josh, and sweet Canaan! Your family is adorable. I am praying for you sweet family constantly. I pray that the Lord would send you your sweet baby soon. I love you sweet girl!

Kate Kubler said...

You are such a beautiful soul, friend! Hugs!!
XO
Erin
sweetnessitself.com

Kate Kubler said...

{here's a wayyyyy delayed response}
do you upload your photos directly to Blogger? because if so, that's probably why they're looking all goofy and pixely. Blogger doesn't do well with photos for some reason :/ I'd suggest uploading photos to somewhere like Flickr, and then inserting the HTML code into your blog post (it's really easy! I promise!). it's such a shame to see the way Blogger mistreats your gorgeous photos!