5/29/14

It's a.... !!!!!!!!

First off, I can't believe it's been TWO YEARS since our gender reveal with C. I don't even look like the same person. I like how motherhood looks on me:)

And without further ado.....
   photo genderreveal-001.jpg
 photo genderreveal-003.jpg
 photo genderreveal-004.jpg
 photo genderreveal-005.jpg
 photo genderreveal-006.jpg
 photo genderreveal-007.jpg
 photo genderreveal-008.jpg
 photo genderreveal-009.jpg
 photo genderreveal-010.jpg
 photo genderreveal-011.jpg
 photo genderreveal-012.jpg
 photo genderreveal-014.jpg
 photo genderreveal-015.jpg
 photo genderreveal-017.jpg
 photo genderreveal-019.jpg

Can you believe it? We are still in shock. I can not say enough about how thankful I am that the Lord is sovereign and in control. Growing up and even to this day, I just always assumed I would be a boy momma. With nothing but boys up to my ears. I'm guessing because I grew up with triplet brothers who were younger than me and I often played momma to them. But clearly the Lord knew better and blessed us with our sweet girl. Our reaction was one of pure shock. We were both convinced it was going to be another boy. The shock is still very fresh, but slowly fading and excitement is taking over. Girls are so foreign to me. Ask me dinosaur names, different car names, to give you the perfect roar, and I'm your gal. But I don't have a clue, not one clue as to the world of little girls. Once we knew it was a girl, I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening combing over Etsy and almost died of all the girl cuteness out there. C and I took a trip to target and a local boutique and bought a few girl items. Still, I was in shock buying them, but OMG the cuteness. I can't handle.

 Then, this afternoon I dug my baby box out of the attic. As I was sitting going through all my baby dolls, blankets, bonnets, dresses, and night gowns, tears just began to fall. Flash backs from growing up came flooding in and suddenly, the world of little girls didn't seem so foreign. I have several faceless dolls that I can now remember so vividly being my "babies." I remembered countless hours snuggled up to my daddy thinking he was the best human on the planet. And then I started thinking about how our little one will think the same about her father and again, tears flooded my eyes. I remembered playing house with my sisters and stealing barbies. I remembered run way shows, "gymnastics" in the bathroom, and sponge curlers in our hair at night. The world of girls is going to take us by storm.

If you ask us if we are excited, the answer is a million times yes. If you ask us if we are terrified, the answer is a million times yes. Girls are just so different than boys. Husband is already terrified of crushes, her dating, courting, paying for the wedding, etc. If we had it our way (and I'm not joking), this girl will be in an arranged marriage to a handsome boy whose parents are our friends. We have a lot to pick from for sure. I'm mostly concerned about portraying to her how to be a Godly girl, wife, mother. I have many faults, self esteem issues, etc like every other woman and I don't want them passed on to her. Our present culture teaches that beauty is about your outward appearance and sometimes even about being inwardly beautiful. But I want her to be beautiful in Christ. To find her identity and beauty in Him, not prideful of her looks or personality. But the Lord is faithful, and just as he's taught me to be a boy momma (and still learning), he will show/guide/teach me how to be girl momma too.

 There is just something so precious about a baby girl. She's going to rock our world a complete 180. And I. Can't. Wait. Bring on all the leggings and baby turban head wraps!!!

Miss Willow Ruth, you've somehow stolen our hearts already. Can't wait to give you kisses after kisses after kisses willa girl.


16 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

i like the name. :]

Kate Kubler said...

So exciting!!! This is the sweetest!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Kate Kubler said...

So fun!! I found your blog just the other day, and I'm so glad I did! I'm a boy mama too.... and the idea of a girl would TOTALLY throw me for a loop!

Kate Kubler said...

Congrats! How exciting! The progression of expressions on your faces is so fun :) And I love, love, love that sweet name!

Kate Kubler said...

So fun! Congrats on your little girl - I cannot wait for this... I'm seriously excited about someone I don't even know... You are going to be a great mama

Currently Loving Link Up

Kate Kubler said...

Oh my gosh! Such an amazing moment, I actually just cried! Im soooo happy for you guys :) So beautiful

Kate Kubler said...

willow ruth!!! oh girl I've been WAITING to hear your big news! so so exciting, girls are SO MUCH FUN! and i can tell you where to shop, don't worry :)

Kate Kubler said...

OH MY GOSH!! CONGRATS... that is sooo exciting!! xoxox

Kate Kubler said...

:) Your reactions are so cute! And arranged marriages--my parents still think that's a viable option for their 5 unmarried daughters.... :P

Kate Kubler said...

Growing up with brothers, I always assumed I'd be a "boy mom" too! Then we were in the ultra sound room and they said, "girl," it was exciting,and overwhelming. I am not that girly, but I can honestly say I LOVE being a "girl mom." I actually just wrote a post about it the other day! Now I try to prepare my husband for the very real fact that we could have all girls :)!

Kate Kubler said...

AHHHH! I am so happy for y'all. That sweet little girl is going to be so loved!

Kate Kubler said...

This makes me so happy! Y'all are adorable in these pictures!

Kate Kubler said...

congrats! I am also currently expecting a little girl and always thought I would be a boy mom. As soon as I knew I was pregnant, I was having dreams of little girls and knew that's what we would be having but it was still a shock when we were told. I worry about the same things you are worrying about. I struggle with self esteem and never want her to feel as if she is not enough. Maybe it's just as women, we know the feelngs more than we know what boys/men struggle with, but I hope that because we are aware of these feelings and never want our girls to feel the same, we will be more vigilant and encouraging and whatever else they need from us. Congrats again!

Kate Kubler said...

So so sweet! Congratulations--love the name!

Kate Kubler said...

That's amazing ! Congratulations!

Kate Kubler said...

Ohhh these pictures have me in tears, congrats!!!!