7/18/14

on turning 25. HBD to me.

 


 ^^my birthday last year. At the beach with my entire family and boys. A seriously good, good day. And OMG how was he evvverrrrr that little? stop it.

I really can't think of a better way to celebrate turning 25 than our plans for Saturday. Not real sure what we will do that morning other than clean and pack for the beach. Maybe a yummy breakfast or lunch out with my fellas. That night our church is having a community picnic at a local park. I'm so excited I'll get to spend my birthday night with all my church family just relaxing and playing with our kids. Then Sunday after church, husband and I are leaving our sweet C in some good hands and heading off to the beach with three other couples for a week. It's our 5 year anniversary/ my birthday/ babymoon trip. I'm sure I'll blog it all later. It shall be glorious (that is if I can get over the anxiety of leaving my boy).

24 turned out to be year much different than I had planned and praise the Lord for that. A few of the big things:

-I watched my baby turn one.
-And we celebrated with a big party.
-We were approved for our adoption, made a profile book, and film.
-We waited, and waited, and waited for a birth mom to pick us.
-In February we learned some exciting, family changing news & announced it with a video in April.
-Little Brother became a husband. Totally didn't see this coming when I turned 24, but so so thrilled!
-We then waited and hoped that a BM would still choose us, but come end of May, we were officially paused on all adoption fronts until this coming April.
-We took a family trip to Atlanta.
-We found out our sweet baby is WILLOW GIRL.
-And I closed out my 24th year with a trip to St. Louis with my family & Nashville with my girls.


 This year has been incredibly wonderful. It was a complete 180 from what I had planned. I thought by 25 I'd be cuddling a brown, little baby boy. I'd be outnumbered with boys in my home, and we'd be adjusting to life with two little boys. Instead, I was given more time with just C, a sweet little girl growing in my womb, and the promise of a fulfilled adoption in our not too distant future. I'm so thankful the Lord is sovereign over our lives and His will is so much sweeter, better, and greater than our own. Who knows, maybe by my 26th year next year I'll be cuddling a sweet baby girl and a little brown boy:) Or I'll be adjusting to life with two and starting an international adoption instead of doing domestic. We are so torn as to where the Lord will lead our adoption once April hits. We can easily pick back up with our domestic adoption and simply wait again for a BM to pick us, or we can switch roads and pursue international adoption. Thankfully, we have several months to figure that out. And whatever happens this year, I'm thankful I can trust in Jesus. All I ask for this next year is love and health for me and mine.

Goodbye, 24. You were incredibly splendid to me. I think my 25th year will be the best yet. A little girl to welcome, a family of four to adjust to, and trip to New Zealand in December and a whole lot more of the unknown. I can't wait. Growing older is the best. I don't mind it one bit because it just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter.


9 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

I love this! Such an amazing year you had. Happy Birthday friend, hope you have many more blessed years ahead of you!

Kate Kubler said...

Happy birthday! It was definitely a big year for you and your family!

Kate Kubler said...

Happy Birthday, Katie! I hope this next year is the most blessed one yet for you and your family! And totally approve of your visit to New Zealand (the most beautiful place on earth!) - let me know if you're stuck for places to visit because my family and I live there and let's just say we've been around... :)

Kate Kubler said...

I see a lot of interesting articles on your blog.
You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a
lot of work,See more atCheapChineseherbs

Kate Kubler said...

Happy Birthday!

Kate Kubler said...

I love your blog. You have amazing inspirational photos - you nailed it! Hope you can take

a look at my blog and follow if you'd like!
anti

Kate Kubler said...

Happy birthday. It was a great day for you.love you picture.herbal

Kate Kubler said...

love you post,happy birthday.hope you happy.see more at culinary herbs

Kate Kubler said...

you are so cute! happy birthday! love all these sweet surprises the lord keeps giving you!