5/30/15

Me and them : Coffee Date

It's been a long time since I did a coffee date on my blog. So, if we went for coffee this week, here's what I'd tell you...

Being a momma to these two is a challenge, in the best way. The Lord is daily chizzling pieces of my sinful self away. Lately, I've been memorizing Gal 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control" It's proabably been one of the best verses I could ever memorize. I can't tell you how many times the Lord has brought it to the front of my mind in a moment of anger/frustration with C. The other day I was driving down the road and C was just whiny. Like all the whinyness in the world. I almost snapped, but as the words were about to come out of my mouth, the Lord put that verse to mind. I changed my sentence to repeating that verse out loud and to my surprise, C joined me in saying it. Tears formed and I was just so overwhelmed with how quick I was to snap at him and let frustration take over. That's seemed to happen countless other times. The Word is so powerful, and I'm so thankful for what it's doing in my life.

 photo IMG_4069.jpg photo IMG_4257.jpg
 Braids have become basically the only way I wear my hair these days. I was a horrible braider from most of my life. I've been debating cutting all my hair off sense I couldn't come up with a way to get it out of my face on the no shampooing days. But since I and Husband like it long, I took to youtube to teach me the art of braiding. The braid in this post is the one I do the most bc it's so quick. I'm excited to learn more. It's perfect for getting my bangs (future self LISTEN, do not EVER cut your bangs that short again. ever) out of my hair.  photo IMG_4083.jpg
 photo IMG_4251.jpg
 photo IMG_4089.jpg
 photo IMG_4269.jpg photo IMG_4064.jpgLet's see what else.... oh! We are possibly giving our sweet pup away. Such mixed emotions on this one. We love that dog to death. He's been with us for over 3 years now and he's the sweetest dog. But, with two little ones and another on the way with our adoption, we just don't have the time for him like we used too. We've been really hoping another loving family would want to take him with kids that are older who can give him attention. We have a family interested with a son who has autism. We are really hoping it works out, because we know Finn will be with a GREAT family and a boy who will love him to pieces. So sad to think of Finn not being with us anymore, but excited for his future. I know, it's a dog.  photo IMG_4264.jpg
  photo IMG_4070.jpg
Obviously, I think it's super important to document yourself with your kiddos. Mamas out there... do this!! Don't worry about your hair, your make up, or what your wearing, just document you with your kids. They will be so grateful one day to have so many images of you with them being silly, serious, or laughing.Don't put it off and because you don't look cute or your not at the weight you want to be at, do it now! on the days where you are the most you. It's the you they will remember the most. The one they want documented.

Changing topic, I've been eating clean lately! Actually for over a month now. This is a wholllleeee other blogpost waiting to happen. But I'm so excited. My sisters and I are holding each other accountable until it becomes more of a habit. It's a lifestyle change and I'm LOVING it so far. 

This coffee date is going to be cut short for a little girl who is ready to nurse. I'd say I'll do this again soon... but yeah, that's doubtful. HA!

No comments: