10/22/15

Willow's Donut Flower Birthday Party

Oh good gravy. How has this day come and gone and I have an official one year old again. And a darn stinkin cute one at that.

Her actual birthday fell on a Wednesday. We were pretty low key that day. We did go to CFA for a celebratory lunch. Then that night I made a big home made meal (that she of course ate every bite of). That night her daddy and big brother brought her home some flowers and a baby doll. We hope to make this a yearly tradition. She was so proud of her little dolly, and I dried one of the roses to keep for a bouquet.
  photo IMG_0141.jpg photo IMG_0395.jpg

 We celebrated her birthday party the following Saturday. I learned my lesson from C's first birthday and kept things easy. I made huge paper flowers out of tissue paper and poster board, hand painted some watercolor donuts for garland, bought a bunch of fresh flowers from Kroger, and Josh went out a bought donuts early that morning. Threw it all together and VIOLA! Super easy but so beautiful!

I made her birthday cake the night before. I totally used a box mix and then threw some fresh flowers on it. I honestly had no idea what I was doing, but I loved how it turned out. You can't mess up pretty flowers.

I found a print called "The Guide To Flower Donuts". That was the inspiration behind the whole party. I couldn't afford the print so I made one myself. Loved how it turned out and now a cute little print for her room or baby box. 

 photo willowbirthdayparty-020.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-022.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-016.jpg photo willowbirthdayparty-011.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-004.jpg photo willowbirthdayparty-023.jpg photo willowbirthdayparty-014.jpg





 photo willowbirthdayparty-017.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-001.jpg photo willowbirthdayparty-013.jpg photo willowbirthdayparty-010.jpg




 photo willowbirthdayparty-030.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-009.jpg photo willowbirthdayparty-015.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-006.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-002.jpg

 photo willowbirthdayparty-018.jpg

 Opening presents. We are so thankful to all the friends and family that came and spoiled her rotten!
 photo willowbirthdayparty-027.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-025.jpg




 photo IMG_0338.jpg photo IMG_0200.jpg
 photo IMG_0334.jpg










 photo IMG_0345.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-032.jpg

 photo willowbirthdayparty-036.jpg
 LOVE THIS photo willowbirthdayparty-038.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-035.jpg

 Girlfriend tore up her cake. Like, she was devoted.  photo willowbirthdayparty-037.jpg
 photo willowbirthdayparty-040.jpg











After everyone left, family stayed to help us load in some new mid century bedroom furniture I found cheap on Craigslist and my mom took the kiddos for a walk.  photo IMG_0320.jpg

She had the best little party and was just so smitten with everything. I'm so thankful for her a million times over. I still can't believe she's one.... now, if I could only get my act together and get her one year photos done. I might be delaying because I just don't want to accept that she's one.

2 comments:

Susan Delk said...

My word she's so precious!! Love all of these things. So soooo stinking cute. Still hate so bad we couldn't be there! 💗Love sweet Willow so.

Caroline Gillentine said...

You stinkin rocked this party. So impressed. Y'all are all just doll babies!