3/17/17

Our Boy and Girl Shared Room

This room has been a work in progress since the beginning of February. I've been determined to get it finished before Abe comes. Although we probably won't move W into this room with C until after Abe is born (because I value sleep and want to put off them waking one another for as long as possible), I wanted to go ahead and redesign it to fit a girl and boy. Before, it was pretty boyish, and hadn't been updated in 4 years. (I didn't take before pictures, but it still pretty much looked like this but the crib was replaced with another twin mattress and pics swapped out).

I really wanted this room to be pretty gender neutral and very light! It always felt super small, so my biggest goal was to make the room seem bigger. I think the wall to wall shelves reallllllyyy opened up this room, and painting it white did WONDERS for brightening the space. Not a shocker I chose white paint (all the other rooms in my house are, minus the kitchen). The paint is Swiss Coffee and it's my absolute favorite shade I think.


So here we go, so in love with the end result and I was able to redo the whole space on a VERY SMALL budget.

The weave is an old one I've had that I never found a home for, but I think I love it here:)
 photo kidsrooms2017-001.jpg


Hellllllooooo White!!:)
  photo kidsrooms2017-021.jpg

The clear shelves are from Clear Solutions Display. I got this one! The snake plant from ikea. The fox pillow I made. The Ikat pillow from target years ago, and the polka dot pillow from target dollar aisle.
 photo kidsrooms2017-018.jpg
Orange pillow is from target, the basket from a friend who lived in Africa for a while:)
 photo kidsrooms2017-007.jpg
 photo kidsrooms2017-011.jpg
 photo kidsrooms2017-014.jpg

The shelves are my favorite part of the whole room. It was so fun to fill it with random knick knacks and meaningful treasures. The sweet little brown doll is from this etsy! I bought it years ago when we started the adoption process, I long to see it in the arms of our babe one day. Willow has been rough on it, so it sits on the shelves now so that she doesn't ruin it haha. I HIGHLY recommend her shop!!!
 photo kidsrooms2017-012.jpg
 photo kidsrooms2017-002.jpg The globes are old yardsale finds.
 photo kidsrooms2017-003.jpg
 I knew I wanted pictures in their room of the two of them. It took me hours to narrow down which three. Goodness I love these toots!
  photo kidsrooms2017-004.jpg
  photo kidsrooms2017-005.jpg
 And if I took apart his track just for pictures sake, he woulda lost his mind. Can't get more real life in this house than train tracks everywhere.  photo kidsrooms2017-008.jpg

This rug gives me all the feels. Its from Rugs USA and I'm OBSESSED! So so so soft and amazing quality. 

 photo kidsrooms2017-022.jpg

The rhino is from target. The deer is from here. The fox I made for C's nursery, and the artwork is by C:) The big ballerina doll is from Candy Kirby Designs. The good morning pillow is another target dollar aisle score. And the watermelon pillow was made by yours truly.
 photo kidsrooms2017-017.jpg
 photo kidsrooms2017-016.jpg
Once again, target dollar aisle coming in HOT! Love this banner I found there a few months ago! The curtains are from Ikea!
 photo kidsrooms2017-019.jpg
 photo kidsrooms2017-020.jpg

The little blue table is an old antique find from C's nursery. The square lamp is from target years ago.

I really want to find some cuter bedding, but my kids only sleep with their crochet blankets at night (they seriously refuse anything else). So, I'm going to wait on that for now. I do want to find a bedskirt though to hide all their under the bed toys. Suggestions?

Thanks for looking around:) It's honestly relaxing to me to redecorate a room and do it for as cheap as possible. I love finding deals and keeping the costs low.

Now, how in the world do I get two kids to nap in here at the same time??? haha.

1 comment:

Cassie Lee @ Sage the Blog said...

It turned out so lovely! I love the white!